Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamon Black Grips (End Caps!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Smug
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rquirch, bike looks good.
Two suggestions, throw some black levers and smoked lenses on that Bad Boy. Oh, my bad - Fat Boy.
Been very satisfied with my grips, however, my bike sat in the sun for a few hours the other day and when I grabbed the grips I found them to be pretty toasty.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the end caps suk!! i siliconed mine on...they fell off multiple times n i'd pick em up put em back on finally i lost both of em. wish ya'll better luck than i had with mine. . .

Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys.. yeah black levers are coming, but since i've never bled brakes im waiting on a buddy of mine to volunteer some time to help...

The grips... well... i like em, but i can see how they would get hot and cold.. ive been thinking about getting some rubber or foam covered ones... but im going to ride these around for a while..

As fas as how i like the lo, i'll be honest i was a sport bike rider for a looong time and this is my first cruiser... so far i love it because i wanted a change of pace and that's exactly what i got, but, i do miss the "git up n' go" kicks on the low end. I've been told that once i do the computer, air system and pipes, im going to see a dramatic change but i need to put together like 2 grand to do that so im waiting...

after all is said and done i dont have a really objective opinion because this is the first and only cruiser bike ive ever ridden but i love it. the handling is great and the low end torque feels like it could use a bit of help but its awesome still...

so far im very satisfied,

oh, and, yeah the forward controls made a biiiggg difference.. i love them to death...

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, and one more thing... i bought the service manual for 2010 softails.. if anyone needs a page or two i can scan them if you give me a couple of days notice...