Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sore butt looking for softer seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sore butt looking for softer seat

All within the last 10 days, I ordered the Sundowner Deep bucket seat for my fat boy, picked it up, put it on the bike, rode it about 200 miles, took it off and put it back in the box, took it back and got a refund. I couldn't stand it. Not only did I have the iron butt pain but now I got a back ache as well. Totally moved me out of my comfort riding position as well. Maybe it's my goofy body or something. I am still looking for a new seat.
BA

Old 08-27-2006, 11:26 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sore butt looking for softer seat

Got the Mustang seat (wide tour with conchos and studs) and a fender bib since I don't worry about passengers. Seat installed in about 30 minutes including the fender bib. You want to be sure to install the fender bib first. Mustang doesn't automatically include a screw that would fit in the screw hole for passenger pillion, so you'll need to be thinking ahead. Went down to my local HD shop and they gave me one I will use in the meantime. Seat has so much more cushion, you sit a bit higher, but I still feel very comfortable in riding position. The seat ride is dramatically different--all positive--and I'm glad I made the change. Looks great and feels great.