Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sore butt looking for softer seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 AM
Stevenml155
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sore butt looking for softer seat

Have the Mustang on mine and what a difference. My buddy and I hit a ride to Mount Rainier today - it's about 100 miles from where we started to the Lodge area where you can look around a bit and he said he was sore at the 50 mile marker! On the Mustang you only stop cause you need gas!

Here's a pic from today with the seat...
Mines the Heritage Classic in front...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2204/BF94F86F973F44178B1539879E4B3DEE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
mw8472
3rd Gear

I recently put a Mustang seat with driver backrest and passenger seat on my 06 Springer. My passengers and I love it. The backrest makes a huge improvement in riding comfort. It is quite expensive though!

Old 08-14-2006, 01:34 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info. Found out there is a custom seatmaker in Seattle I'm going to check out. It might be expensive, but when you have a $20K+ bike, what's a few hundred to keep your butt comfortable? After that ride, honestly, I was so sore, I felt like the "poster queen" for the local men's penitentiary.
I actually went out and looked at Road Kings yesterday and sat on a few and boy, was my posterior happy. As an older guy, the days of gutting out a lot of pain in favor of higher testerone levels ain't it.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Cessna172
Cruiser

The HD leather Ralleyrunner is a good choice if your looking for something that maintains some level of "sleekness". Its right in between the Badlander and the Sundowner. The Sundowner looks so bulbous on my Standard that it came off after 10 minutes and I went and ordered a Ralleyrunner. Wife and I both like it.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Braz07
5th Gear

I like the Sundowner, back and butt pain gone....

Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: monkyman

I'm another fan of Mustang seats, fit well and much more comfortable than the badlander.

I put a solo seat with fender bib on mine. They have different styles available, but mine is just fine for distance.
I'm about set on becoming a Mustang fan but I've got a question.. Solo or Wide Solo?
Going with the Non-studded Vintage Solo and one of the pillions (undecided which) that would fit it.

I've got a friend in the business that can order it from Drag, but they only have the vintage solo unless I want the full boat with backrests, which I don't.

Whata ya think?
Any of you Mustang guys with the studded or vintage solo have an opinion to offer. Just the plain solo I'm thinking would be ok.. though I don't necessarily have a skinny ****.

Looking for a better seat for 300+ miles per day.
The lapera solo (naturally) ain't cutting it.. even though it's actually better than the stock brick.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 PM
BudsNiteTrain
Advanced

sessna, show a pic of your ride with that rallyrunner.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 AM
jakblu
Advanced

Another factor you might consider is taking your wallet out of your back pocket and but it in your front pocket. That alone made a huge difference to me.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Harley Al
Road Captain

I have a corbin solo on my 2006 FXST and its a step up from a brick! tried a but pad from Alaska Leather...its not worth buying IMOP...I am going to try a pad from alligaterbob@msn.com...its worth a try IMOP?

Ride Safe!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:12 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jakblu

Another factor you might consider is taking your wallet out of your back pocket and but it in your front pocket. That alone made a huge difference to me.
I haven't carried a wallet in my back pocket in 15 years due to the damage it does to the spine from sitting on one. This is purely a seat issue--in a number of ways.

Quick Reply: Sore butt looking for softer seat