Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???

Ok...I have had issues with my dealer since the day I bought my bike. I got to the store sort of late and by the time my deal was done it was closing time. The bike never had a full tank of gas, and they had to add air to the front tire because it was almost flat as I was leaving the lot. Then they never called me to tell me all my parts were in that I bought on day 1.

Took bike back in to get the mods I purchased installed. After the bike was there all day I get a call saying the pipe was the wrong one and they left the stocker pipes on it until the right pipe comes in (First trip back after buying bike that was for nothing...45 minute trip each way).

New pipe comes in. I had to call to find out it had come in. I asked them to open the box, inspect the pipe, and ensure it was the right one and not f'd up. Took the bike in and while they were installing it they found that the header covers were scratched. They put the scratched ones on and said they would make it right (2nd trip in for nothing).

Got my HD survey in the mail and a phone call from the dealer the same day. They said they wanted to know if I was going to rate them a 10 (best score) on every item, and if not they wanted to know why so they could fix it. I let them have it and told them all of the above. There was actually more, but I'm already boring you all with too many details. They made it right all right...

They took my E-mail around to each person at the store that f'd up their part of the deal and showed them my E-mail and they got their a$$ chewed. Now when I go in the store I get dirty looks and they act the part but you can tell I am not their fav customer.

TODAY: Took bike in yesterday and left it over night so they could have my bike there this AM for an 8AM appointment to do the 1000mile service, replace the f'd up heat shields and do the dyno tune. I asked yesterday when I dropped it off what time it should be done. They said 1pm.

My bad, I did not call ahead to see if it was done. I had my wife drive me down to the dealer (Wiebler's in davenport Iowa) today to pick it up. I got ther at 1:45pm. The bike was not outside waiting for me. I went inside and they said they had not even done the dyno yet, that the guy doing the work was at lunch (at 1:45???). It would be another 1.5 hours. I said call me when it is done and if it is not raining, I will come pick it up It is almost 6pm and I have not received a phone call yet. In fact, they have NEVER called to tell me ANYTHING was done or ready to pick up. They ONLY ever called to ask about that f'n survey (3rd wasted trip).

So am I a big whiner or what? Does it take 6 hours to do a 1k maintenance, install heat shields and dyno tune a night train? I'm thinking not. I plan to call before I go to pick it up tomorrow and it better be done. Once I leave, I'm coming home and filling out that survey (that I have been saving as ransom). And it won't be pretty.

Thanks for reading my rant...

Signed,
Pissed off in Iowa!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
goose165
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude,your dealer is just as bad as mine.customer service has gone to hell i tell ya.can you find another dealer in your area to deal with.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 PM
2Sore
Road Master

Just to make you feel better...Tiger Woods had a worse day than you did..lol..be patient..your gonna have that bike for a long time..they will make it right.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer

dUDE HATE TO HEAR THAT....THATS WHY I TAKE MINE TO MY INDY..HE DOESNT HAVE A THOUSAND PEOPLE ADAY BUYING 20 THOUSAND DOLLAR BIKES..SO HE TAKES CARE OF U SO U WILL COME BACK....HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR YOUR THOUSAND MILE CHECK UP???MINE WAS 150 DOLLARS AND HE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND AND EVEN DETAILED THE BIKE..NOT JUST THAT SHITTY WASH THE DEALER DOES...=0)

Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
sliver
Tourer

That dealer sucks. I don't think your whining. Hopefully there is an indy mechanic in your area. Or better yet start doing your own maintenance.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yet 1 more story & reason to say screw the dealer
2 choices my man 1.find a indy 2. buy service manual do it your self
this forum will help you bigtime
good luck

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Tao3535
Road Captain

I picked up my bike and after test riding it I brought it back and told them to straighten the handle bars. They took it into the shop and brought it back out a bit later. Bars felt better so I rode home. Later I noticed that my front fender was bent to one side. Y'know like when you were a kid and you straighten the handle bars by holding the tire between your knees? If I take it back in for anything, I'm doing a walk around before and after, with video.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fkn whiner... ; ) jk.. like mike said eff the dealer, get manual...

Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
limj23
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NightTrain4Al
Ok...I have had issues with my dealer since the day I bought my bike. I got to the store sort of late and by the time my deal was done it was closing time. The bike never had a full tank of gas, and they had to add air to the front tire because it was almost flat as I was leaving the lot. Then they never called me to tell me all my parts were in that I bought on day 1.

Took bike back in to get the mods I purchased installed. After the bike was there all day I get a call saying the pipe was the wrong one and they left the stocker pipes on it until the right pipe comes in (First trip back after buying bike that was for nothing...45 minute trip each way).

New pipe comes in. I had to call to find out it had come in. I asked them to open the box, inspect the pipe, and ensure it was the right one and not f'd up. Took the bike in and while they were installing it they found that the header covers were scratched. They put the scratched ones on and said they would make it right (2nd trip in for nothing).

Got my HD survey in the mail and a phone call from the dealer the same day. They said they wanted to know if I was going to rate them a 10 (best score) on every item, and if not they wanted to know why so they could fix it. I let them have it and told them all of the above. There was actually more, but I'm already boring you all with too many details. They made it right all right...

They took my E-mail around to each person at the store that f'd up their part of the deal and showed them my E-mail and they got their a$$ chewed. Now when I go in the store I get dirty looks and they act the part but you can tell I am not their fav customer.

TODAY: Took bike in yesterday and left it over night so they could have my bike there this AM for an 8AM appointment to do the 1000mile service, replace the f'd up heat shields and do the dyno tune. I asked yesterday when I dropped it off what time it should be done. They said 1pm.

My bad, I did not call ahead to see if it was done. I had my wife drive me down to the dealer (Wiebler's in davenport Iowa) today to pick it up. I got ther at 1:45pm. The bike was not outside waiting for me. I went inside and they said they had not even done the dyno yet, that the guy doing the work was at lunch (at 1:45???). It would be another 1.5 hours. I said call me when it is done and if it is not raining, I will come pick it up It is almost 6pm and I have not received a phone call yet. In fact, they have NEVER called to tell me ANYTHING was done or ready to pick up. They ONLY ever called to ask about that f'n survey (3rd wasted trip).

So am I a big whiner or what? Does it take 6 hours to do a 1k maintenance, install heat shields and dyno tune a night train? I'm thinking not. I plan to call before I go to pick it up tomorrow and it better be done. Once I leave, I'm coming home and filling out that survey (that I have been saving as ransom). And it won't be pretty.

Thanks for reading my rant...

Signed,
Pissed off in Iowa!
the problem is they dont need to until someone gives them a run for the money. Like cars Mercedes and BMW only got their act together (reliability and customer service) in the 2000's because of lexus.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,402 Likes on 5,006 Posts

Seems like the things that went wrong were out of their control, and they made it right.

Your complaints about wasted trips...You should have called first, simple.

So they did not call you, well, how many times does that have to happen before you figure out that you have to call them?

OK, they should have called, but you gotta get in the game too, don`t sit around waiting for anyone to call you, wether it is a bike shop, car shop, doctor, whatever-call them.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 04-30-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???