Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
ultrat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the south bend dealership.././././././.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are right. That is not customer service they are providing you! What they are telling you is that they do not need you as a customer. Find an Indy that knows what it means to have a customer and how to treat them right.

That is what I did with my dealer here. My original dealer made the mistake what when i went to see them for my bike that I own know after my dad had a really bad accident with my previous bike they told me "Shouldn't have lent the bike to your dad". The dealer I then bought the bike from was so more interested in getting me signed up for some stupid maintenance program that they didn't remember half the stuff i ordered.

So I ended up getting the bike, the parts, and taking it to my Indy for them to do the work. My indy has always treated me right, always called and updated me, and been more than helpful and accomodating to me.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How in the world do you find a good one? (indy) I don't know any HD mechanics and would not have a clue where to look or to know if they are worth a f_ck.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

A couple of things....

- It's real popular on the forums to bash dealers and repeat the word "INDY". Well let me tell you, there are plenty of sh*tty indys out there too. Likewise, there are decent dealers, and decent people that work at the dealers.

- If you're not happy with the service you're getting at any establishment, tell them, and give them a chance to correct things. If they don't, don't get pissed off (it won't do any good), just don't give them your business, your money, or your recommendation. Maybe my position is unique, but I have at least 8 dealers within a 50 mile radius of my house.

- If you've found a place you want to do business with, make it a point to get to know the people there. I deal with two dealers (almost) exclusively. I buy parts from one and will occasionally use their shop for minor things (like getting the ABS bled), and the other one I would use for major service that I couldn't handle myself (or warranty work). I know the first and last names of the heads of their service and parts departments, and I know most of the people who work in those departments. It's gotten to the point with the one I get parts from that they know me by sight, and ask which bike I'm buying for.

Attitude has a lot to do with how you're treated. Everyone at the two dealers I'm talking about knows that I know my stuff. Not because I puffed out my chest and bragged about it, but because I went in and asked questions, then brought the bike in to show them what I'd done. That may sound like nothing, but I honestly think they appreciated the fact that I'd put their advice and knowledge to use.....To the point that the last time I was there, one of the parts people asked me to explain to another customer how to get the battery out of his Ultra.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
el chivito76
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Websters defines after sale service - thing of the past, non exsistent way of doing business that people would like to see come back.