Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Seems like the things that went wrong were out of their control, and they made it right.

Your complaints about wasted trips...You should have called first, simple.

So they did not call you, well, how many times does that have to happen before you figure out that you have to call them?

OK, they should have called, but you gotta get in the game too, don`t sit around waiting for anyone to call you, wether it is a bike shop, car shop, doctor, whatever-call them.
+1 on that. If you treat them with respect, they will treat you with respect too. Never had problems with dealerships and always had all my issues resolved.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROCKER"D"
dUDE HATE TO HEAR THAT....THATS WHY I TAKE MINE TO MY INDY..HE DOESNT HAVE A THOUSAND PEOPLE ADAY BUYING 20 THOUSAND DOLLAR BIKES..SO HE TAKES CARE OF U SO U WILL COME BACK....HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR YOUR THOUSAND MILE CHECK UP???MINE WAS 150 DOLLARS AND HE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND AND EVEN DETAILED THE BIKE..NOT JUST THAT SHITTY WASH THE DEALER DOES...=0)
The maintenance comes with the deal of the bike for the first two years. So I guess I should not bitch too much. I upgraded to full synthetic oil in the engine for $17. The wash was shitty, but I rode it home in the rain so I had to wash it when I got home anyway.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser
Default Update...

So I ended up calling the dealer at 6:15pm tonight. The bike was done so the wife and I drove down there to pick it up. The bike was clean, the stuff was done, and they went over the dyno with me. Made some pretty decent gains with the detailed tune! He showed me the list of stuff they do on the 1k check-up and I guess it could take quite a while. Plus with the header heat shield being replaced I can see where it would take some time. I guess it is a little of both. They could have called, but I could have called them too. Better to take too long to do it right than to do it quick and f_ck it up.

Alll in all, I think they did me right. So...I guess I'm a f'n whiner!! lol!!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
jkevn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the previous posts suggesting a service manual AND an indy....That being said, ridin season aint the best time to get your hand held at a dealership. I have 3 dealerships within 30 minutes of me, two that are not connected to my bike's purchase 6 years ago. With a lil planning and communication, all my dealings have been pleasant. They make me feel like they are concerned and going the extra mile....are they? No, but they make me FEEL like they are....

If you plan on keeping that bike until yer too old to get the kick stand up by yerself, you are gonna have dealings with the dealership. If you dont want to wear a disguise.....you better build a relationship on something.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

my first couple visits were messed up also,, pipes didn't come in....
as far as the 1k service, shield, and dyno,, 6hrs is not out of line for that / including a good tune..

Old 05-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Heritage632
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Seems like the things that went wrong were out of their control, and they made it right.

Your complaints about wasted trips...You should have called first, simple.

So they did not call you, well, how many times does that have to happen before you figure out that you have to call them?

OK, they should have called, but you gotta get in the game too, don`t sit around waiting for anyone to call you, wether it is a bike shop, car shop, doctor, whatever-call them.
Yep!!!! call call call!!!! In this world, the big peope don't care about you. You HAVE to keep on top of things yourself. Example...I had a major surgery scheduled for Monday morning, they were to call me during the previous week to tell me what time to be at the hospital...by Friday afternoon (they are not there the weekend) no call....had to call myself!!!! Lesson learned!

Steve

Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

let em have it in the survey!!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:07 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I sold cars for 30 years... and was good at it... why? Because I followed up with my customers including when their cars were in for service. I asked the service desk to notify me when any customer of mine brought their vehicle in for any reason... That being said... does anyone think that a HD salesperson does any of that... NO. I have had 6 HD's over the years and never have I been called by my salesperson after the sale and never has a HD tech's wrench touched my bikes other than when it arrived from the factory before I bought it. To all of you that think HD is golden... why is it that they have the worst customer satisfaction rating of any motorcycle dealer? Is it that HD buyers are whiners or is it really that HD service sucks??????????

Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Campingout
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Heritage632
Yep!!!! call call call!!!! In this world, the big peope don't care about you. You HAVE to keep on top of things yourself. Example...I had a major surgery scheduled for Monday morning, they were to call me during the previous week to tell me what time to be at the hospital...by Friday afternoon (they are not there the weekend) no call....had to call myself!!!! Lesson learned!

Steve
One time I had to have surgery done. So got it scheduled. Had a guy at work give me a ride down there at the scheduled time and place. I went in and they said wait a minute, then said sorry sir, we have to send you to another hospital. How come? Well, they sort of told you to come to the wrong hospital. Ride had already left, had to get a cab. Way it goes sometimes.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 AM
roofgunner
Cruiser

I was the service manager and generally speaking the head mech for a Kaw dealership in Vallejo, CA. during the late 1970's. I also watched over another mech as we sold allot of bikes. We tried like hell to let people know what was going on because I didn't want them bad mouthing us, we wanted them on the road enjoying their bikes ASAP and we wanted them to buy bikes and have them serviced by us. Some dealerships (cars and bikes) have attitude issues, some can't find good help and have idiots working for them so you don't know, until you experience their service how much customer care they give. It's a good idea to filter through a dealers reputation (from other bikers), listen to their sales people (do they know what they are talking about or BSing) and take a look at the service department. Ask some questions of the service manager. Will he talk to you, does he want to talk to you or are you left there and they look right through you. The info you gather from all this will help you judge the dealership. Some things they can't control such as when parts arrive or if the wrong ones get shipped. I had the once in a life chance of telling a Toyota salesmen, who said he'd call me about a truck and he did not, that I bought a Toy truck at another dealer because since he didn't call me therefore he didn't care if he made a sale. I told him since he didn't care, I didn't either. I went to seven H-D dealers in I-35 corridor from KCMO to Des Moines before I bought a bike. And so far, it was the correct choice.

Quick Reply: Is my dealer f'd or am I just not patient???