Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bored thought i would get your guys opinnion??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just bored thought i would get your guys opinnion??

Ive been riding bikes since i was about ten...My Stepdad bought me my first dirt bike in Lancaster California and i was hooked...when i was seventeen i got my first streetbike It was a kawasaki ninja..=0..I always loved harleys and was fasinated when i seen 5 or 10 of them rollin down the interstate but i couldnt afford one ..And i was young and loved to ride wheelies....=0)But anyways getting to my point i would always wave at all the other bikes when passing by but it seemed like the harleys would never wave back...well im 36 now and i was finally able to buy my first new harley..I completely understand now why they say a harley is the best bike because my Rocker is buy far the best bike ive have ever had and will never own nothing else but a harley...Now when im riding down the road i still wave at any bike i see even the old man riding the scooter because hes to tight to buy gas for his chevy...=0)But the crotch rockets wont even look my way....And if its a honda shadow or something like that they will avoid me at all costs ...I was wondering is it some unwritten law i dont know about???I thought a biker was someone who loved to ride period....Maybe im just too young to understand...Anyway i rode anything with two wheels for 25 years and now after my fisrt harley i will ride nothing but harleys till the day i die,but i will still wave at the rice rockets...haha

Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

some people don't like harleys

some people are busy shifting

some people don't like waving

people don't wave for all sorts of reasons.

i wave to anyone if it comes naturally but i'm not gonna stand up on my footpegs and wave my arms back and forth to make sure the guy across the intersection sees me.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Slopneck
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a boat load of "waving" threads on this forum but I think you'll find that most of us believe that if you're on two wheels, we're wavin'!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:23 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer

Originally Posted by toastman
some people don't like harleys

some people are busy shifting

some people don't like waving

people don't wave for all sorts of reasons.

i wave to anyone if it comes naturally but i'm not gonna stand up on my footpegs and wave my arms back and forth to make sure the guy across the intersection sees me.
Thats prety funny bro i hear what your saying..

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

just give a nod to the harleys!! the ricers hate us!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

gotta share, I sometimes wonder the same thing, but I'll wave at anyone who waves at me, usually other "motorcycles". Well, last week Sunday while on my way home from a ride, I passed a group of maybe 15 tourist on mopeds. I saw that they were all trying to get up to speed while trying to pull off the badass look. Basiclly just having fun, trying not hold up traffic and touring the island. When I passed them every single one of them started beeping their horns and started waving at me. It was funny as ****!. I couldn't wave cause I was to busy trying not to crash cause I was laughing my *** off.

just felt like sharing.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Heritage632
Tourer

I usually get a wave from every type of bike. Actually, the only ones that don't wave back to me seem to be the dudes on Harleys trying to look real bada** or just think they are too cool to wave. Lived in Ga for 18 years and now NC and all the bikers seem to wave except the above mentioned.

Steve

Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 AM
DMas
Road Master

I've had more guys & women on scooters give me the wave than those on metrics. It's fine... if I can I wave.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Dieselhed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
gotta share, I sometimes wonder the same thing, but I'll wave at anyone who waves at me, usually other "motorcycles". Well, last week Sunday while on my way home from a ride, I passed a group of maybe 15 tourist on mopeds. I saw that they were all trying to get up to speed while trying to pull off the badass look. Basiclly just having fun, trying not hold up traffic and touring the island. When I passed them every single one of them started beeping their horns and started waving at me. It was funny as ****!. I couldn't wave cause I was to busy trying not to crash cause I was laughing my *** off.

just felt like sharing.
That's funny chit.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:34 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i gave the 1 finger wave to a cage the other day as they ran the stop sign in front of me.

Quick Reply: Just bored thought i would get your guys opinnion??