Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

samson true dual system....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I want to pipe in on the loss of power since there are a few questions. I ran the 28.5" fishtails and some 36" fishtails for a while. I immediately noticed a loss of power as I ran them without baffles. Prior to the fishtails I had V&H sideshots on my ride. The loss of power was not the reason I changed pipes again. It is difficult to say what is significant for someone else, but I still always felt that my bike had enough power. I got it dynoed with the fishtails and run a pcIII with se 203 cams. It ran quite well and I would still leave some of my buddies in the dust on their TC96"'ers. I cannot leave anything alone for too long and that is why I switched pipes. First I put on Hooker rebel longs and immediately I had far more power. In fact, the bike was completely different. then I switched to a set of Ultima up and out drag pipes. They look killer but I have decided to get a D&D fatcat 2 into 1. I am awaiting delivery, it should be about 2 weeks. I much prefer the looks of duals but want more power too. We'll see how the fatcat runs once it is on as I will write a full review.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
ciq01
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
Vance and Hines are not going to rob as much power as Samsons. I have seen dyno sheets on Samsons and believe me...they don't compare power wise to a good perfoming pipe. But, IMHO, Samson has the best looking fishtail made. Its a trade-off. Just like a good 2-1 makes more power...its a trade-off. My guess is with a build like you have you with a Fat Cat and dyno tune you would be looking at 105 HP at the rear wheel...maybe a few more. With the Samsons and a good dyno tune you will probably be making 90 at best. But 90 HP is a lot of power...way more than stock.

I can't wait to see pics of the new Samsons. I am getting ready to buy the same set. I am just collecting some cash from selling a few parts.
its better to go straight to the fishtails from stock then from a performance pipe to fishtails. that way you dont realize what youre missing.