Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
HurricaneDan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Pretty sure you do have to relocate the turn signals. That requires a kit....It will bw worth it. The bags come in very handy!
Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Thanks,

Dan

Old 04-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yupper, I can. Had to do it myself, but it's not that hard.
Coyote

Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by HurricaneDan
Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Thanks,

Dan
I put my bags on and didn't have to relocate my indicators. Didn't put anything else on either. You will have to relocate the indicators if you use the detachable sissybar. If only bags, straight bolt-on.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
HurricaneDan
Novice

Originally Posted by Rakthi
I put my bags on and didn't have to relocate my indicators. Didn't put anything else on either. You will have to relocate the indicators if you use the detachable sissybar. If only bags, straight bolt-on.
Thanks, I this what I wanted to confirm. I don't plan on a sissy bar or rack so this should be a piece of cake.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master

Well, ya didn't tell me that.
Coyote

Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
HurricaneDan
Novice

Originally Posted by Ole Coyote
Well, ya didn't tell me that.
Coyote
Sorry about that Coyote! It always seems that someone points out things I forget on these forums. I guess my brain works faster than my slow, fat fingers and I think things but don't put them in the post.

Thanks for taking a look though!

Dan

Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Ole Coyote
Road Master

No bigge I was use being a smart ***.
Coyote

Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default No. You don't.

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Pretty sure you do have to relocate the turn signals. That requires a kit....It will bw worth it. The bags come in very handy!

If you are ONLY installing the Crossbones bags, you DO NOT need to relocate your turn signals.

The Crossbones bags are made to fit so that the back side of them comes right up to your rear turn signals.

If you are installing a detachable sissy bar or detachable rack IN ADDITION to the bags, then not only do you need to relocate your signals, but you need a different set of mounting hardware for the bags because the ones that come with the bags will not work for such detachable accessories. But since you are ONLY adding bags at this time you should be fine.

The detachable hardware such as the sissy bar has the clips towards the back. The stock turn signal stand offs do not allow these clips to reach the mounting point which is why you need to relocate your signals. And in fact, on the Bones you are not actually relocating them (moving them further back or whatever). You are simply replacing the stock stand offs (which are wide) with a narrow set of stems that give the clearance necessary for the clips on the detachable accessories to reach their mounting points.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
The Wolf
Intermediate

Sorry to confuse you, I do have the sissy bar so that must be why I had to relocate them. My bad...

Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
HurricaneDan
Novice

Just in case someone finds this thread in a search I thought I would post the results of putting these saddlebags on myself.

I did not think to take pics at the time but that was only because it was so quick.

This really was an easy task to complete. The instructions were great and the visual of the bolt, washer and nut placement was really helpful.

I did make one mistake and that was putting a washer on the wrong side of the saddlebags when the have you alternate the bottom set from the top. I was able to quickly remove it and put it on correctly with no issue.

The total time to complete this was less than 30 minutes and definitely not worth the cost of 1 hour of dealership shop time.

Dan

Quick Reply: Cross Bones Saddlebags