Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple mock up of drag bars using a coat hanger

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010 | 08:38 PM
aceckel
|
Intermediate
Default Simple mock up of drag bars using a coat hanger

OK, here goes, but first another bump for a terrific forum. I've posted once or twice before and am very interested in a set of plain drag bars for my 2010 FLSTFB. I want just another inch or so of pull back, and crazy as this sounds, my hands low. Real low. Might be something to do with the major reconstructive shoulder surgery I had about two years ago, but I digress. So I've keyed in on several simple flat drag bars. 1.25" diameter, no integrated riser. Bar only. ~31" width, ~8.25" center width, ~6" pull back. No rise. These are truly flat bars which could re-use the riser clamp. Sooooooo...... I mocked up a coat hanger and carefully recreated the dimensions. And sure enough I am convinced the bar style I want will work and give me the subtle lowering and pullbacking (is that a word?) without having to run new cables or interfering with the tank. So I'm about to order my bars with virtually no worries. Just thought I'd share this. Good luck out there!

Old 04-26-2010 | 09:13 PM
CMS
Advanced
Default bar outcome

WOuld love to see the final product. where ya orderin from? I am thinking of custom square twisted tubular handlebars but need to find teh right fab shop.
Mike...