Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I got in my new VH 2-2 Big Radius today!.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
CoronaZombie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got in my new VH 2-2 Big Radius today!.

I'll be installing them when I get off work this afternoon. I'm doing my upgrades a bit a a time. Eventually I want to put in a SE Heavy Breather and Race tuner, but for right now I'm just installing the pipes.

I was told that due to my model (2008 FXSTC) having built on 02 Sensors that it would ride fine like this without tuning as the sensors would reprogram the EFI for me. Just want to double check with some of the members here to see what they think of that. I have a trip to Thunderbeach Bike Rally in Panama next weekend and don't want to mess my bike up before that!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:04 AM
NA7A
Tourer

congrats on the new pipes, getting mine installed today but having the Race Tuner and SE A/C installed and Dyno at the same time.

Cant advise on that, sorry.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser

Make sure & post a picture when you get it put on!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So will say you're good others will say you're not. Put em on, ride it, and see how it reacts

Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

UPDATE:

I called the HD Service Center and told them what the local shop guy told me about the Sensors and told me this was incorrect. He said the sensors are for minor adjustments to the stock pipes and if I just put the Big Radius Pipes on it will give the wrong data and run too rich or too lean.

Now he could just be trying to avoid liability and/or get me to come buy their intake/tuner box and all, but he also told me all bikes are different and if I wanted to, then just put the pipes on and see how it runs.

ANY info on whether or not this is a good idea and will/will not work is appreciated. I don't want to mess my bike up before my trip.

Anyone here have experience trying this?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Hotwire
Tourer

Im running the Same Setup, and I find its running a little hot (LEAN), but Im waiting on my TTS MasterTune to show up, that should solve the problem.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

So you just replaced your stock pipes with the big radius and made no other changes?

Has your bike ever overheated running like that? Whats the longest you've ridden it since changing the pipes?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just bolted big radius on my 07 deuce last summer.. runs ok.. but tomorrow my air cleaner and PC3 arrive. That should make it cooler running..but i always worried about overheating sitting in traffic..so i figured i would go with the rest of the stage 1 to ease my mind

Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

Wow a whole year running like that huh? I guess I will proceed then and see how it runs. At worst I'll just have to put the stock pipes back on.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
J-Train
Cruiser

I have an 04 train with 2 in 2's, great pipes you will not be dissapoint. My bike def ran a little hot for the past year so I decided to go with SE stage 1 and PC 3. Best decision I have made, just needed to put the scratch together to make it happen.

Quick Reply: So I got in my new VH 2-2 Big Radius today!.