Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I got in my new VH 2-2 Big Radius today!.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you experience any issues with it running hotter?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:59 PM
ddc1279
Advanced

Originally Posted by CoronaZombie
I'll be installing them when I get off work this afternoon. I'm doing my upgrades a bit a a time. Eventually I want to put in a SE Heavy Breather and Race tuner, but for right now I'm just installing the pipes.

I was told that due to my model (2008 FXSTC) having built on 02 Sensors that it would ride fine like this without tuning as the sensors would reprogram the EFI for me. Just want to double check with some of the members here to see what they think of that. I have a trip to Thunderbeach Bike Rally in Panama next weekend and don't want to mess my bike up before that!

First things first, congrats on the pipes, you are going to love them. Now..

I have a 09 FXSTC with the same setup except I went with the Power Commander V. I actually just got done installing my SE Stage 1 A/C this morning and with the map that Jamie from FuelMoto sent me, it runs like a champ. (I purchased the pipes and power commander from Fuel Moto). I have no idea how it will run without fuel management, but imho, I wouldnt go without it. If you were just doing slipons, then maybe.. but with a full exhaust I do not believe the o2 sensors/ECM will be able to adjust enough, if any at all..

edit: I originally said I put on a SE Heavy Breather, but I have the SE Stage 1 A/C

Btw, I live in Panama City, so hopefully we will pass each other while you are here. It would be cool to meet some folks from the forums while you guys are down.

Last edited by ddc1279; 04-22-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

Well what I'm trying to do is get these pipes on before my trip so I don't have to hang around a bunch of bikers with awesome loud pipes while I'm putting around with my squirrely stock pipes.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to get the air filter/tuner right now or the time to wait for them to come in even if I had the money.

What I'm trying to find out is what kind of issues can i cause if I just swap the pipes out and ride like that with no other changes.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:14 PM
phantom rider
Tourer

I put the same pipes on mine the day I brought it home. Ran it like that for 6 months with no issues. Ended up putting on heavy breather and TTS once the fundage recovered a little. You'll be fine. By the way, I'll be at Thunderbeach as well. Where you riding from?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

Riding in from N'awlins baby! I can't wait till the Thunder Beach Biker Girls/ Hooters Girls bike wash on next Saturday.

"Oh look, honey you missed a spot. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down there. Don't see it? Check again one more time"

Thanks for the info. I'll be putting them on when I get home in a hour hopefully and will let ya'll know how it went.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
ddc1279
Advanced

Thanks for the info. I'll be putting them on when I get home in a hour hopefully and will let ya'll know how it went.
Food for thought, take your time.. have any buddies that can help? I put mine on at the fire station and one of the guys there helped. Made lining things up a loooooot smoother.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun at thunder beach! Are you taking 10 across the coast? Be careful if you ride highway 98 from Pcola to PC...lots of traffic, idiot tourists, and red lights every 1/4 mile until you get through Destin, where I live.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:59 PM
CoronaZombie
Advanced

Originally Posted by ddc1279
Food for thought, take your time.. have any buddies that can help? I put mine on at the fire station and one of the guys there helped. Made lining things up a loooooot smoother.
Well I have no tools myself (not a mechanic lol) so I brought it all to my dads and he doesn't have most of the tools we need either. We called a friend of his that works on bikes and he suggested not doing it until i can upgrade the intake and dyno it. So I guess thats what I'll do.

Unfortunately i won't be able to look pimpin for the rally, but I got $1800 coming from Uncle Sam in a few weeks so I guess I'll use that to have it all done at once. I guess it will be better for the bike that way. I will absolutely post pics as soon as it's done though

As far as the ride we will probably travel Interstate. It's kinda crappy riding all interstate, but We don't have the time to ride 98 all the way. That would take about 10/11 hours from where we could get on at Gulfport. Straight Interstate is only about 5/6 hours.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
ddc1279
Advanced

Well I have no tools myself (not a mechanic lol) so I brought it all to my dads and he doesn't have most of the tools we need either. We called a friend of his that works on bikes and he suggested not doing it until i can upgrade the intake and dyno it. So I guess thats what I'll do.
Maybe there will be some vendors there with the PC-V and intake.. lol! My money is on that you don't hold out.. it would eat at me too much.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

congrats on the new pipes!! there pretty loud