Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail standard to Fat-Bagger conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Softail standard to Fat-Bagger conversion

OK, so I have posted quite a few questions about my conversion this past winter while I was in the beloved sandbox. Now that I am home I have begun working on it!!! Today was the first day I really messed with anything. I swapped out my rear fender from the FXST bobtail fender to a Fatboy fender which was a part of the custom paint set I bought. Everything went very well, except for the wiring harness which wasnt too bad, I just had to buy a new plastic end for it which was in stock at the dealer and only $1.71.

Now for my first question. Since I am putting hard bags on the bike, I need to relocate my turn signals off the struts. I bought a fender mount turn signal bar off ebay (off a Street Glide. The little bar that goes under the tail light). Now my big dilemma is weather or not to drill the holes in my fender required to install this light bar. My 2 options are either drill the damn holes and put it under the tail light like it should be, or fabricate a license plate mount that integrates the turn signal bar as a part of the license plate bracket.

Hopefully tomorrow it will stop raining and I can roll it outside to take some pictures.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Drill it. You might have to dremel off the back of the points a little bit for a flush fit. A friend did this on his dyna. The bagger fenders have an indent in them for the signals bar.