Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinons on most comfortable seat for Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
dpayne7571
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinons on most comfortable seat for Heritage?

Looking for advice on a very comfortable seat for myself and fiance for our Heritage. I wouldn't mind being able to have a backrest that I could take off or put on for long rides. I have a Corbin seat on my Fatboy, but I'm not impressed with it. I'm 5'7, weight 150lbs if that makes any difference. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by dpayne7571; 04-21-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
YZ Guy
Tourer

Seat choice is very subjective. No one can tell what is best for you, but I can tell you what works for me. I have a Mustang seat with the matching pillion. Even after switching from the stock seat to the Mustang seat it still felt like I was sitting on a concrete bench. I sent the Mustang out to Mean City Cycle to have it re-padded. This has helped a lot, it's not great but it is a whole lot better. YMMV

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Mathis
Tourer
Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a very comfortable, Mustang (17.5" wide) with removable backrest. You can add a passenger seat.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mathis
I have a very comfortable, Mustang (17.5" wide) with removable backrest. You can add a passenger seat.

I have the same seat with the passenger seat for the wife. We both are very happy.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Mustang seats are nice. As stated above seats are very subjective. If you need discounted pricing on any seats (we sell all brands) let me know. Drew

Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
dognut
Advanced

Hello,on my herritage I tryed the mustang seat.It was hard as a rock.A few years ago I had one on my new sporty & the mustang seat was great. They must have gotten greedy. The seats are not the same as they used to be. I finally got the saddlemen seat thats the same size as the stock seat. Its great. I sink into it about an inch.I can reach the ground barefoot if I wanted to.Very well made.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM
RetNYPD
Novice

dognut,
I've been researching this seat issue longer than I care to remember. I took the plunge and got the Mustang Wide Solo with backrest just over a month ago. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed. What Saddleman seat did you get? I have an '09 Heritage and the Saddleman web site does't list any solo seats for my year bike.
Thanks
T

Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
funeralman2010
6th Gear

had an 04 heritage--bought the same seat--same result--then I purchased thru JP cycle mag. (you can get anywhere) one of those gel seat pads--made a big difference ! sold the bike but kept the pad.got the new cvo ultra and the seat is good but use it for a passenger or I use it on long trips for myself just to switch it up a little.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
miandsh2000
Cruiser

have an 03 heritage and been through 6 seats. have not found one yet that is more comfortable (to me) that the stock one.
i recently added a grasshopper removeable backrest and am pretty happy with it so far.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have mixed feeling about my setup which is the 17.5" seat w/backrest and 14" pillion.

One of the problems is the Heritage seat is probably one of the most comfortable stock seats the MoCo puts out. Conforms to your azz and has decent padding.

The Mustang seat is wide and flat and doesn't conform to your azz so when you're stopped your feet don't hang to the ground. This will give you the feeling that you're sitting about a inch or two higher. I'm 5'8" and I can still flatfoot the bike fine, it's just a bit less stable at stops especially 2up.

But when you're going down the road it's not a factor and the extra padding and width does help on long rides. But not significantly imo.

The pillion on the other hand is awesome. Like sitting on a sofa cushion and 100 better than the stock 08 one.

My Mustang only goes on for roadtrips and other long rides. Like I said it's just not as comfortable for everyday riding. I was thinking about dropping my bike an inch in the rear to help out with the feel but I tried the seat on the wife's Deluxe which is already an inch lower than my Heritage and it had the same wide in the crotch feel.

May just end up selling it and going with the 15" seat and 11" pillion Sport Solo setup. Have to find one to try out first though.

Quick Reply: Opinons on most comfortable seat for Heritage?