Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinons on most comfortable seat for Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
jma626
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought that mustang and it was just no good for me so I went to a sundowner and got it on ebay and when I put it on i rode straight 200 miles none stop on that so it worked out just great for me .the stock seat was terrible you would get sore after 20 miles and that mustang wasn't any better good luck

Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife got a Mustang solo seat and backrest and rode for 2,000 miles but still is too hard for her. So she purchased an Ultimate Seat and she is loving it. Memory foam with nice marine grade vinyl with a backrest. We rode 300 miles on Sunday and she is still smiling. Of course I inherited her mustang seat and my *** still hurts today. My next move is to get an Ultimate Seat for myself.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 24,079 Likes on 5,309 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
I have mixed feeling about my setup which is the 17.5" seat w/backrest and 14" pillion.

One of the problems is the Heritage seat is probably one of the most comfortable stock seats the MoCo puts out. Conforms to your azz and has decent padding.

The Mustang seat is wide and flat and doesn't conform to your azz so when you're stopped your feet don't hang to the ground. This will give you the feeling that you're sitting about a inch or two higher. I'm 5'8" and I can still flatfoot the bike fine, it's just a bit less stable at stops especially 2up.

But when you're going down the road it's not a factor and the extra padding and width does help on long rides. But not significantly imo.

The pillion on the other hand is awesome. Like sitting on a sofa cushion and 100 better than the stock 08 one.

My Mustang only goes on for roadtrips and other long rides. Like I said it's just not as comfortable for everyday riding. I was thinking about dropping my bike an inch in the rear to help out with the feel but I tried the seat on the wife's Deluxe which is already an inch lower than my Heritage and it had the same wide in the crotch feel.

May just end up selling it and going with the 15" seat and 11" pillion Sport Solo setup. Have to find one to try out first though.
You might want to try sending your Mustang seat out to Mean City Cycles, as I did. They have a variety of options and do nice work. I had them rework the seat with memory foam both in the seating area and in the rise at the back, as well as narrowing the nose of the seat so it didn't press into my thighs. I don't recall what I paid, but it was quite reasonable and I ended up with an all-day seat that also looks great. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than playing "seat roulette".

Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have owned two Mustangs, one Saddlemen and one Ultimate. The best seat of the bunch was the Ultimate. When I bought my Heritage I liked the stock seat but it was too wide in the nose for me. I am only 5'6" so I need something to help me touch the ground flat footed. I would order another Ultimate but it raised me up a little on my former bike. I order Moco's new reach seat which took care of my flat footed problem and it moved me forward which made it more comfortable with the stock bars.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
pdfiddler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like stock.