Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissi Bar Bags........

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sissi Bar Bags........

The wife & I are going to be taking a weekend trip this fall on the bike and I'd like to get a little more storage area for the bike.

I was wondering if any Bobtail Fender owners have any bags that attach either to the backrest pad or to the Bobtail fender rack or both?

Something along the lines of the picture below.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:10 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sissi Bar Bags........

If your bike has a luggage rack, T_Bags has many to choose from. I like the Route 66 myself. Zannoti has the best prices on them that I have found...about 60 - 70 dollars less than others.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife and I use the bikes shown in the link on our bikes. We like them because they are stiffer than the nylon t-bags and don't sag around the luggage rack. They aren't genuine leather but that's OK with me.

http://www.bikerbags.com/merchant.ih...atid=11&step=4

Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

My wife and I use the bikes shown in the link on our bikes. We like them because they are stiffer than the nylon t-bags and don't sag around the luggage rack. They aren't genuine leather but that's OK with me.

http://www.bikerbags.com/merchant.ih...atid=11&step=4
Hey Geez, those bags look pretty cool. I never thought about a bag sagging and making it's way around the luggage rack and down to the fender. Glad I inquired!

I don't expect we'll use this bag too often so I don't want to spend a whole lotta cash on a sissibar bag. Hey, does the little round bag come with it too or is that an extra?

Do you have any Pic's of the bag on your bike?

Old 08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the T-Bag Super T, it has a top roll, is very roomy and it expands almost double the thickness by just unzipping a zipper that wraps around the whole bag. Very nice bag and the top roll is very handy for day trips or a trip to the store for milk or whatever. I have had no sagging issues as it is quite rigid on the bottom by the way it is built. I use it on my Deluxe, which has a narrow bar and it still has no sagging issue. I paid about $250 for the whole set up and it is very versatile.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One Brand---------------------T-Bags------------------------------ They have em, love mine, straps to the backrest, NO Velcro...

Remember No VELCRO.

Ride on.........

Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
SHEP
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to T-bags' website. Look in their closeout section. I got a great deal on a bag similar to the one in your picture. They don't always have closeouts, but when they do, there are some real deals.
www.tbags.com/

Old 08-10-2006, 03:23 PM
KY23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a shop here in Louisville, KY. He sells Kuryakyn, T-bags and Saddlemen bags. Both the Saddlemen and Kuryakyn bags are much nicer and seem to be better made than the T-bags. With the T-bags sitting next to the other bags he can't sell any T-bags.... They are the same price and just don't look or feel as nice.

This is a nice bag from Kuryakyn for $169.00: http://kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3075

I have this saddlemen bag and its pretty nice, comes with a roll bag that can be used on top of the bag or seperate and comes with a rain poncho for the whole setup. http://www.saddlemen.com/taos_saddlestow.html

Old 08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a photo of our bikes with the bags. We were in Arizona last summer when this was taken. We both put a lazy rider barrel bag on front of the sissy bar so those are shown in the photo as well. The small bag was a part of the set and will strap to the top of the large bag. We picked these up at a local bike shop and paid about $80. Her's is studded to match her saddlebags, mine's just plain because I'm pretty plain. Geez

[IMG]local://upfiles/699/B625FFDE6B9442349551656931C19485.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
fxstcguy98
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this bag , holds a lot of crap and was fairly cheap, well constructed. Which ever type of bag you buy, you will need a luggage rack to keep it off the fender.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...EET%20PRODUCTS