Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010 | 10:52 AM
timid
|
6th Gear
Default 1st post

Hello all! Have a story followed by a question. Ive always had 4 wheelers or dirt bikes but never a road bike. I always told myself id wait till i was 30 to buy a harley, well 30 came and on march 6 2010 i bought a 2007 Night train. On March 8 I was at a 4 way stop sign 1 mile from my small town home and pulled ahead to go straight and the lady driving a mini van coming to the stop sign on my right decided she didnt need to stop and t-boned me. Hows that for luck, anyway I seen it coming and first instinct was bail so i started to jump off but she crushed my ankle between the bike and her van. So ive been laid up since. Now I got the insurance check and have been buying up parts like a mad man. Heres my question. I bought a inverted front end and went to a 21x3 1/2" front wheel and plan on a 120 tire in the near future. I am a complete newbie to road bikes so im learning as i go. Will the stock fender be enough or do i need a wider one, and suggestions on where to get one if needed. and my stock tire i think is a 90 is brand new will that fit in my new wheel for now or should i just buy the 120 and be done. any advice would be greatly appreciated and if i left anything out that you need to know let me know. thanks!

Old 04-17-2010 | 12:58 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser

Dude, sorry to hear about the accident. Was the bike trashed too, or are you working on the same Night Train? How bad was the ankle? Are you going to be walking ok when you are all healed up? What did the goofy broad do after she hit you?

Sorry, I can't answer your tech questions, but someone will here. Welcome to the forum. Good luck on that train in the future!

Old 04-17-2010 | 01:24 PM
timid
|
6th Gear

ya same night train, $6900. in damage! Ankle should recover well just be a couple months before i try ridin again! The wife is givin me a hard time but I took her to the Harley shop and let her go wild, $500. bucks later and shes back on board. lol. As for the lady that hit me I was so pissed off she kept her distance, I dont even know her name! Lawyer is takin care of all that.