Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Heritage Classic - Items using power on Accessory power switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010 | 01:52 PM
Radimus
|
Tourer
Default 07 Heritage Classic - Items using power on Accessory power switch

My classic is pretty much stock, no extra electrical items installed, and I am looking to install a cigarette power point into a saddlebag.

What I am curious about is, what is powered on if I leave the bike not running, but in the accessory position. i.e How long could I keep it in this position without the battery draining?

I'm planning to install a marine grade cigarette port through the hard back of a saddlebag so I can charge my (cell phone/gps/scala headset) while the bike is in the accessory position. The cigarette plug will be inside the bag, while the wiring will go up the bag supports to the fuse block under the seat.

Thanks for any information.

Old 04-18-2010 | 12:40 PM
Radimus
|
Tourer

I have installed the plug... took about 15 minutes

Old 04-18-2010 | 09:37 PM
Nathandmc1
Novice

When you're riding, is it possible to plug in, let's say your phone and charge while riding?

Old 04-18-2010 | 11:17 PM
Radimus
|
Tourer

I didn't really consider plugging a hip riding cellphone (or whatever) into into the bag port, but you could do it.

One of the reasons I installed the plug up high in the bag so the cord that you might plug into it is close to the forward flap on the bag.
Also so that it isn't as likely to get buried in whatever crap you might have in the bag, if it were close to the bottom.

My initial idea was to be able to charge stuff while I wasn't actually riding... like my scala headset or mp3 player. I could unhook it from my helmet, plug it in and close it up inside the saddlebag.

I also have a GPS (mini USB) cable run up to handlebars (under the tank, up through the forks) to power my GPS or phone that I have on a handlebar mount while riding