Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever use the Radium 250 Tire Kit - NEW $949!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:45 AM
fatboyscott
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the fat azz kit. It wasnt as simple as I had hoped but it's on and looks good. And I did it all myself. Biggest problem I had was the swing arm spacers didn't work like the directions indicated. But with a dial caliper and some serious head scratching and all worked out. Definitely a learning experience. But I love the look.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatboyscott
I have the fat azz kit. It wasnt as simple as I had hoped but it's on and looks good. And I did it all myself. Biggest problem I had was the swing arm spacers didn't work like the directions indicated. But with a dial caliper and some serious head scratching and all worked out. Definitely a learning experience. But I love the look.
Hey if it's a couple of spacers that you would have to make up or play with I'd sure as heck jump on this kit! Between what PM charges for their kits, this is less than 1/2 of that cost and it looks identical!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
sig
Cruiser

How long have you been riding on that kit? Any problems to date? I cant believe the price. I was going to go with heartland two-5-0 kit but that’s $3390 but with that kit, the years seem to match with all the differences that Harley have. like (86-99, 00-06)

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So did anyone try this kit???

Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 AM
DarkTrak
Road Master

Originally Posted by story808
So did anyone try this kit???
Mark, buy it and we'll make it work. Wyman has whatever you are lacking and I'm sure he would be willing to help!!! DO IT!!!! lol

Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM
sig
Cruiser

Okay I have the kit on the way. I hope to start this by the end of the month if not sooner. I will keep everyone posted. I have a 99 Fatboy that I am going to change, new front end stretched gas tanks & this wide tire kit.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sig
Okay I have the kit on the way. I hope to start this by the end of the month if not sooner. I will keep everyone posted. I have a 99 Fatboy that I am going to change, new front end stretched gas tanks & this wide tire kit.

Cool, yes please keep us posted!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sig... Did you talk to anyone before you pit down the cash or did you just go for it and taking your chances??? I wanna do it but I don't want it to turn into a nightmare.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Mario77746
Road Captain

Hey, can you be a little more detailed about the problems and post some pics man!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
sig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by story808
Sig... Did you talk to anyone before you pit down the cash or did you just go for it and taking your chances??? I wanna do it but I don't want it to turn into a nightmare.
I did ask oh here but no Luck, so I called heartland ask some questions called another company found out that the Fat azz & Radium was the same kit both using Zodiac parts. I was told that American cycles did the conversion using the Fat azz in April 2009 magazine so I called & had them send me a copy. I have a email of the step by step if anyone wants it, not the best quality but you get a idea. The reason I was told that the kit can go from 81-06 was that all the main parts did not change in all those years but the stuff that did change will be extra parts so you may or may not need, so you will get some parts left at the end of the build because of that reason, seemed to make sense to me. What it seems like to me is if you want a all in kit that only works for your model that you have to pay big $ for & use there wheel than heartland is good $3399 + the wheel, you have to get from them for the off-set. Had a look at Performance machines kit & to ME it looks to be the same kit, just a lot more $. I hope I am not going to eat my words on this, I will let you all know

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use the Radium 250 Tire Kit - NEW $949!!!!!!!!!!!