Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
klumberguy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light

I Have been Running A kuryakn Side plate license mount with a running and brake light function.

I took the side license plate off and replaced with a rear mounted brake and running light.

I used the same Wiring that I side with the side mount license plate

And I have no brake lights!! My running light works just not my Brake light. How can this be when I used the same wires

I have a 02 Softail standard

The bulb is good not burnt out!

Any ideas I am stumped

Thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Nickrc3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the Kury side mount license plate holder you described... you've got a open brake line somewhere.
Remove the seat assembly. Get yourself an inexpensive test light from any auto part store. Take some masking tape or Velcro, squeezing the front brake level to activite the circuit, then start probing around the connection harness under the seat (leading to the rear fender) for the 12VDC. My 04' FLSTF uses a solid blue conductor for brake.
Probably who ever installed the Kury side mount frame used those crimp splice spade connectors for the parallel connection into existing wiring. These actually cut into the wire for conductivity and in time, work loose becoming intermitting and/or open. I'd guess the conductor is sheared open inside the jacket.

Good Luck.