Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orderd lyndall Z-Plus pads today from eastern performance, should be here on Thursday just in time for the weekend

Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Man i gotta get some pics up on here of my Lo with the Harley Falshover numbered paint set i got on it. It really transformed the bike. My Lo was Big Blue pearl stock but with the custom Flash over set it really made it alot more sinister. Its a black pearl with small gold flake with orange red tangerine flames with skulls melted in. Its like this paint set was made for this bike. Im going to take some pics soon and get them up...

Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Zakk13 yep you need some pics. Don't remember seeing your bike on here yet. Would love to see the new paint set.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Zakk13 yep you need some pics. Don't remember seeing your bike on here yet. Would love to see the new paint set.
I know i never posted any pics. I wish i would have cause i remember when i got my 2012 Lo the first week of august in 2011 im pretty sure i was the first one on here to get the Big blue pearl.. But i never posted pics.. Now that i got the Flashover Paint set i deff got to get some up.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:52 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Orderd lyndall Z-Plus pads today from eastern performance, should be here on Thursday just in time for the weekend
Report back later on what you think. I put some on the rear and will be going back to stock HD pads. These lyndall pads make a dust mess of the wheel and skreech quite a bit.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Thank you all for your ideas and supports. I finally had the bike towed out of the garage this morning. Though I did ask them repeatedly over the phone to be prepared to tow a bike, they send a regular truck(?) When the flat bed arrived, it took two guys with the help of my jack to drop the rear wheel on a dolly. Tying down bike was another story. I had to give them some towels to cover where their bare metal hooks and straps touched the bike. It took them 2 hours to get the bike on the road to the dealer! Such nightmare. At least, they didn't ask me for more money. Will up date when I hear from the shop.
Someone else on here had a problem with the rear brake seizing up on their Lo a couple months back, cant remember if it was in our thread or in the softail section, try searching both, I remember him posting the results cant remember what the fix was though. Good luck and keep us up to date on the outcome.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 AM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my bike back late in the day, but here is the whole scoop. The service tech who claimed having 18 years of experience told me in the face that dirt and debris were the culprits(?) He also admitted that it was a rare and isolated incidence (no wide spread out break of any kind). I should note here that around 4 weeks ago I had the rear tire changed due to a nail puncture. At the same shop. Acknowledging that, the super tech stuttered the rest of the story, that he had to pry on the pads to remove the caliper. The pad was pushed, wedged and stuck unevenly onto the rotor! The rotor sustained some scoring, but not bad enough to be replaced. Both the caliper and pads were reset, cleaned and reinstalled. The bike was road tested for about 6 miles with nothing else to report. Everything was taken care of by the 2 year warranty. He said I should not worry too much of it. It's all fixed. Did I mentioned earlier that I had the rear tire worked on about 4 weeks ago before the problem occurred? It is too soon to tell. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take it easy on the throttle and paying extra attention to the rear brake every time my foot touches the pedal. Lesson to be learned: make sure the caliper and the pads are super clean when having the rear wheel or brake worked on. Again, the utmost important awareness to all riders: when you suddenly feel the brake goes spongy being pushed upon, safely get out of the traffic and call a real tow truck right away. Good luck to us all. Appreciate your inputs, always. Ride safe.

Last edited by RightOnFatty; 06-26-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Report back later on what you think. I put some on the rear and will be going back to stock HD pads. These lyndall pads make a dust mess of the wheel and skreech quite a bit.
Lets hope not,the only reason I got them is I've read a few places that there quiter, no dust and stop better.....ugh crossing my fingers

Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
oldblack
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
This thread on page 3 is totally unacceptable.

Decided to get "artsy" in the garage last night...

Sorry but which headlight trim ring is this??
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Havic08
Tourer

Looking great.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners