Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
more mods coming soon...... I know.... the garage is a mess. I will get to it. lol.
As stated in my previous post, I don't think chrome goes with the lo, but I have to admit I like those pipes on your bike. Nice job!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:06 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
don't put chrome on the lo, theres a reason you haven't seen it in 98 pages.
+1 The head light trim, curved license plate frame and lower front forks are all going in to the powder coater soon. They just don't fit the bike in chrome. I thought a few accent pieces would work, but they don't.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
don't put chrome on the lo, theres a reason you haven't seen it in 98 pages.
allow me to be the first. I guess I poisoned the well. ha!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey JBG, I have a 2010 Fat Boy Lo and it is going in the shop next week to have the front forks blackend out. Mine is the denim black. The guy that is doing mine has a place that will send him a set of powdercoated forks then he just takes mine off slaps on the powdercoated ones on the send mine back in for a core charge. Also I wouldn't put the reflectors back on the front forks. I have taken mine off the front and back. Front looks much cleaner now. Also changing out the primary cover to the black one. Then I am going to start on the controls turning them to black. Not sure if I want the controls with the round or oval holes. I have a Roland Sands Venturi breather on mine too. Good luck with your mods-the sky is the limit!!

Last edited by Bonzo27524; 12-29-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
ksdrknite
Advanced

Has anyone put 4" pullback style risers on the stock bars? Im neg. w/dealer on a 2011 right now and was concerned with the bar location. Dealer says he'll add for free. Any thoughts? Alot of sweet bikes on here.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Kronin
Advanced

Originally Posted by ksdrknite
Has anyone put 4" pullback style risers on the stock bars? Im neg. w/dealer on a 2011 right now and was concerned with the bar location. Dealer says he'll add for free. Any thoughts? Alot of sweet bikes on here.
Haven't put pullback risers on, but I gotta say that some amount of pullback is necessary if you're going to live with the stock bars. I'm 6'0" and haven't decided what direction I'm gonna go yet... pullback risers (as a quick, possibly temporary fix) or new bars.

Not sure where you're at and what dealer you're talking to, but I got my 2011 Lo $1,500 below msrp. Your dealership may be willing to deal, they may not, but it can't hurt to ask.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 AM
chozzer
6th Gear
Default Tokyo FB Lo

My bike recently fitted with Samson Longtails. Insanely loud compared to the SE slip ons that were on before.

With SE filter and SERT and Progressive 422's, it handles and even goes well (given the limits of those footboards)

You can now actually see the Harrison Billet rear floating disc and 4 piston caliper. I have a 6 piston caliper and matching disk up front. The bars are narrow beach bars powder coated black.

I am pretty much all blacked up now apart from the instrument housing - must get a Night Train one and something to cover the rear axle nut. For now my work is done....Plan on leaving the engine stock colour I like the contrast.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0218.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0219.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0221.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0229.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0230.jpg  

Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey ksdrnite, on your handlebar question. If you ask 10 different people you will get 10 different answers. I went with 12" mini apes and my only regret is I now wish I had gone 16". Bike handles great with the 12" bars though. Good comfort on the road and plenty of control if you like riding in the mountains on those not so straight roads. What is all comes down to is what it does with the rest of your bike-what's comfortable for you-don't worry about what anybody else thinks-go with what you want or like. It's your bike it's an extenision of you. Have fun with the mods.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Nubs13
Banned

Its your bike do what you want....different strokes for different folks

Old 12-30-2010, 07:51 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Trying to get this to page 100. My parts are slowly coming in. As they do and get!installed I will post pics, so you guys can see the slow transformation. It will be in super slow motion though. My bike table will be here Tuesday. Then the fun starts.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners