Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent some time at the dealer today. I was a little overdue for my 15,000. The oil wasn't since I changed it when I put the oil cooler on but everything else was. I do all my own parts stuff but I like having someone certified look it over every so often. Anyways while I was killing time wondering around the dealer I found a couple of things. The first is the decal in my pic. It was pretty expensive for a sticker but kind of cool. The other is HD's 8-1 screwdriver. I'd looked at it before and thought, 19.00 no thanks, since i thought it was just a regular mulit bit screwdriver. I took a closer look and it turns out that it also has four torx bits, T-27, T-30, T-40, and T-25. I decided to pick one up to throw in my tool roll. During the service the mechanics checked the brake pads and they were getting really thin. They replaced them for the cost of the parts, no labor. Sure didn't expect that. It was Heritage Cycles HD in Fort Walton Beach FL.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0801.jpg  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Hey Lo folks. Was out for another ride earlier today and finally remembered to bring a camera with me. Took some pictures on the one stop. I havent put any pictures up for a while, since I made a number of changes over the winter. Still a number of things on the to do list. Hope ya like it! I know I do!

Just WOW!!! That thing looks awesome!! Good work man! I am diggin' those pipes too

Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Just WOW!!! That thing looks awesome!! Good work man! I am diggin' those pipes too
Yeah, the pipes sound so good. Better than any other sound. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for being the guinea pig on them!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Always thought the little star wheel was not a very bright idea.....I still don't use cruise even in the cages

Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I've also got the six inch risers on my 2012 Lo. They were installed by the dealer so that should assure everybody that they fit. Oh I have ABS also.

I installed the quality quiet BCT baffles in my V&H Big Shots Staggered. They sound good too me and are a good medium between V&H quiet baffles and stock baffles volume wise but with a deeper tone. I haven't had a chance yet to install them at the six inch recommended spot. Hopefully that will happen soon. To3cutter did you try them in the stock baffle location and if you did how much difference and what kind of difference did putting them in the six inch sweet spot make?

Hey Fatbob. I took your advice. Purchased the 6 inch pullback risers today and installed them. Best thing I have done to the bike yet. 100 times more comfortable and im not so stretched forward on the bike now. Feels so much more natural sitting upright on the bike and hands higher. I have never cared for ape hangers but these 6 inch pullback did exactly what I was looking for.

For anyone wondering, the 6 inch risers will work with stock cables and wires. Only thing I had to do was run the clutch cable under the bars as it was causing the cable to rub the tank pretty hard. It will definitely rub the paint off. Run it under the bar and it wont touch at all.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by liquidr1
Hey Fatbob. I took your advice. Purchased the 6 inch pullback risers today and installed them. Best thing I have done to the bike yet. 100 times more comfortable and im not so stretched forward on the bike now. Feels so much more natural sitting upright on the bike and hands higher. I have never cared for ape hangers but these 6 inch pullback did exactly what I was looking for.

For anyone wondering, the 6 inch risers will work with stock cables and wires. Only thing I had to do was run the clutch cable under the bars as it was causing the cable to rub the tank pretty hard. It will definitely rub the paint off. Run it under the bar and it wont touch at all.
I'm glad you like them. I'm still looking for an extra inch or two (that's what she said). I'm thinking about the ones this guy got from Wild1. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...at-boy-lo.html

They seem like they come back just a little bit farther and according to him they fit with stock cables. That would be fantastic since that would save a bunch of money obviously. I figure worst case I would just need an upper brake line.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:03 AM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser

Revisiting the oil filter issue, I again run across another interesting article which would probably change my choice of filter. Just want to share it with you guys. Please don't scold me for keeping on 'beating the dead horse'. LOL.
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo...tml#OilFilters

Last edited by RightOnFatty; 06-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Pufferpunk
Intermediate

*edit*

Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pufferpunk
*edit*
You can't do that.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My bike is a mess again!

But got pics of the new truck-lites LEDS...

Name:  IMG_0638_zps6f8dbba4.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0640_zps01a4ea49.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  85.8 KB

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners