Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heading to Harley Rendezvous Classic in NY later this month?

Ill be pitching a tent there this year and trying to do some serious riding.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it....

Traded her in...

well I traded in my old (10k is sooo old) 96 engine and went with the FM 107. She goes under the knife tomorrow.. Hopefully I should have her back next weekend...

Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
And their turn to mod your bike haha. I would guilt them into:P
You must be married to a Fillipina or a Yobo...lol joke. My girlfriend clean my bike? Never happen. Shine my boots? LOL no way. She'd scoff at that one. As long as she looks good and stays on the back, we're good.

My son just finished his freshman year in collage...uh college. 4.0 GPA. If he didn't look like me I'd say his mom did a professor while I was overseas. Hell she probably did regardless. Anyways, he fell miles from the tree. I'm glad he's making good use of the free collage....uh...college tuition afforded him due to my military service. Peace. Ride safe.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Anyone selling a luggage rack for a lo? I broke down and got oem softail bags on fleabay. I also have long and medium sissy bars. I'm probably going to sell the long one...or I can trade it for a luggage rack that fits the meduim one if anyone's interested. Thanks for any information anyone could provide. L8r.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by N83
Well, I'd rather not grind/cut anything, but it sure would beat having to wait till I can get to a bike jack. I'll check out some threads and see what I think.

Thanks for the tip!
Do it. Its a piece of cake. It'll save you money.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Been working with a friend of mine from work who took my rack idea and made it possible. It is made out of re-bar. He did a nice job of putting it together with my ideas of what I wanted. For this year it is painted a flat black. Once the riding seasons ends up here in New England I will send the rack and the mounts out for powder coating. Pics are from my Cell Phone, hope to get some better ones later this week.

Looks good. I think I'll just weld some re-bar on to my sissybar and powder coat it instead of buying a new luggage rack. Again, good job. Looks cool.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
You must be married to a Fillipina or a Yobo...lol joke. My girlfriend clean my bike? Never happen. Shine my boots? LOL no way. She'd scoff at that one. As long as she looks good and stays on the back, we're good.
Nope she's a short red headed Irish gal. Even after 32 years of being married she still puts up with my crap. She was an Army brat My father in law is a retired Major General so she had been well accustomed cleaning and shining.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by N83
Well, I'd rather not grind/cut anything, but it sure would beat having to wait till I can get to a bike jack. I'll check out some threads and see what I think.

Thanks for the tip!
Super easy, do it and save the money. Get some wrinkle black paint and shoot the ends where you ground it and nobody will know the difference.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts
Default 4th Annual Idaho Patriot Thunder ride **OVER 1000 Bikes*

Thought I would share some pics of todays ride to Support of Our troops

Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N83
Just ordered my first mod for the Lo yesterday: HD tall sissy bar. I didn't realize it until this morning, but I don't have the needed bike jack for the turn signal relocation kit install. I'm going to try and find someone local that has one that wouldn't mind me using it for an hour or so. I'd totally drop the $100 and get one myself, but money's tight enough and I was barely able to afford the $250 for the sissy bar and relocation kit.
You don't need a jack to relocate the turn signals. I have one but I'm 98% sure I didn't use it when I relocated mine. I did get the easy bracket laydown license plate holder and attached my turn signals to it which I think looks better and gives the license plate a nice laydown look at the same time.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners