Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Great looking pics

Last edited by GriffinDenim13FLHX; 05-28-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:28 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
I saw another Lo in the Pentagon parking lot, but that was it.

Took us 45 minutes to get into the Pentagon parking lot. I was basically idling for a good part of 45 minutes and was surprised how well the engine ran given the conditions.

Fresh fluid in all three holes.
Adjusted the shocks for 2-up.
Tire pressure, check.
Ready to roll.

Waiting to get into the Pentagon parking lot...

Made it in.

Panorama of the North lot.
I saw a Lo.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-wbpyn0p.jpg

My OL
Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-kftkpek.jpg

My favorite.
Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-qnga63w.jpg

Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t03cutt3r
I saw a Lo.

]

Old 05-29-2013, 08:24 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Default It's about that time

5000 mile oil service due. So I decided to go with Syn3 in all three holes. I have read so many pages on what oil, why they choose this oil over that oil, some like old dino oil some like Synthetic. Some Mobil, Amsoil, Red-line, and even Rotella. I have not noticed several that were leaning the same way in any one oil. Has anyone used Syn3 from day 1 and can share their opinion
I leave the HD dealer in deep thought driving my truck. Did I buy the right oil? Should I have gone Amsoil>? Maybe Mobil1>? I mean it can't be like a total bad oil or is it?
Do people shy away from it for the price as Amsoil and others are just as costly. I am sure this has been brought up a thousand times. I just have not noticed the Lo's opinions on it in the 900 and something pages.

Griff

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_20130529_181940_202.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the HD Syn3 in my motor, there's nothing wrong with it. HD oil is made by Mobile, so it's very similar to Mobile 1, just more expensive. This will be the last oil change i use Syn3 in it, after this I'm going to switch to either Mobile 1 or Amsoil (Amsoil being hard to find near me, and all 20w50 being difficult near me, too).. whichever is either less expensive, or on sale. I'm tired of paying $13/qt for oil at the dealer.

Now here's the better question that I'm not sure of.. who, besides HD, makes a good oil filter for the softails? Like a black Fram or something? The filter is only like $8-10 at HD, but if i can pick one up at an auto parts store, it'll save me a 30+ mile drive to the dealer from my new place..

And on that note..yeay..i bought myself a new townhouse. It's small, it smells like the previous owners, but it has a garage, a dishwasher, and central air.. 3 things i've lived without for my entire life. So i'm happy. I'm also going to be 1/2 the distance to work, and be able to avoid all the highways, so once the rainy season is done, i'll be able to start riding to/from work and get some more miles on the bike. If anyone's ever driven through NJ (named up the Garden State Parkway), you'll understand why i don't ride to work now as it is.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I use the HD Syn3 in my motor, there's nothing wrong with it. HD oil is made by Mobile, so it's very similar to Mobile 1, just more expensive. This will be the last oil change i use Syn3 in it, after this I'm going to switch to either Mobile 1 or Amsoil (Amsoil being hard to find near me, and all 20w50 being difficult near me, too).. whichever is either less expensive, or on sale. I'm tired of paying $13/qt for oil at the dealer.

Now here's the better question that I'm not sure of.. who, besides HD, makes a good oil filter for the softails? Like a black Fram or something? The filter is only like $8-10 at HD, but if i can pick one up at an auto parts store, it'll save me a 30+ mile drive to the dealer from my new place..

And on that note..yeay..i bought myself a new townhouse. It's small, it smells like the previous owners, but it has a garage, a dishwasher, and central air.. 3 things i've lived without for my entire life. So i'm happy. I'm also going to be 1/2 the distance to work, and be able to avoid all the highways, so once the rainy season is done, i'll be able to start riding to/from work and get some more miles on the bike. If anyone's ever driven through NJ (named up the Garden State Parkway), you'll understand why i don't ride to work now as it is.
I guess that means no more epic, bike torn down in the kitchen, pics

Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, now it'll just be a bunch of me bitching, whining, complaining, and moaning in the garage..which has sheetrock walls, therefore, my ratcheting combination wrench is going to pierce the sheetrock when i throw it hard enough.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

lol. keep plenty of mud and replacement board handy Jim. Congrats on the place as I am sure you will find plenty of **** to do with a garage. Glad other people use it here and have had no issues. I too would like to find a cheaper product both filter and oil. But it seems the real way to do that would be by the case like when Misbehaven bought his on sale. Buy a case of filters too probably get a hell of a discount if find something compatible to the HD filter. Maybe local hardware store buy replacement o- rings, There is always a cheaper way just has to be found.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Came across this in the YT world. Seems cheaper might not be better for filters.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners