Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Confused on Engine upgrades

Just got back from Rolling Thunder... Didn't see very many Lo's at all.. spent a lot of time riding around Virginia and Maryland and came across them pretty often though...

So I am potentially prepping for a cross country or at least a 2 week ride. I have it in my head I need more Torque and power as I am carrying my gear around and have been debating it for some time. I like things to just work. So I am going with the ThunderMax for the EFI with the Autotune functionality which FM has at quite a bit less than Zippers for their own product

However on the build.. I have heard nothing but great things about the Fuel Moto 107. Except from every other builder or dealer I talk to who (yes maybe a bit bias) say that none of the long time builders are willing to bolt on to a 107 for a reason. And that anything above a 103 should have the case bored.

Of course the group that have the 107 say they are ok but that is a 2 year sample worth....

Not sure what side to lean to...

The major cost I expect is the heat.. and heat can kill everything.. long term effects I dont know.. FM is a bit cheaper and I save on tax. I don't know if the 10-15 number gains are really worth it over the zippers sleeper 103 or if I am to paranoid

Also Zippers recommends upgrading the support plate and dual cam tensioner. While FM recommends upgrades the compensator.

I know FM has said Engine temps can rise and they have not seen any problems.. But a smaller cylinder and more heat seem to bother everyone else..
HEAT HEAT HEAT... I am worried as I get stuck in traffic at times and don't want a time bomb of my own creation sitting under me..

At James Madison Montpelier

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-05-24-16.39.48.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-05-25-16.46.50.jpg  

Last edited by Stratoscape; 05-28-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Griff, are those relocation brackets from your fairing kit? Never seen them before.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Albatross14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat question

I have seen this discussed much earlier but wanted to take a fresh pulse. I'm going to change my seat. I ride about 3-4 hours one way on weekends. My *** is sore on the stock seat. I am looking a le perra. Any thoughts ? Experience ? I might go custom. Would love to get a bulldog stitched on the seat. Alternatively the blue alligator is similar to the blue fat boy colour. Could do any inlay if that

Was thinking removable back rest.

Any advice welcome

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Griff, are those relocation brackets from your fairing kit? Never seen them before.
Ya that is the relocation kit from Memphis Shades Part No. 2321-0088
You can either use it to mount to the lower tripple tree or light bar.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the six inch risers from HD. The cables had to be rerouted a bit but they fit. The brake line is a little tight but the risers were put on about 8-10 k miles ago and no problems so far. I've attached a few pics I already have. If you'd like some more I'll try and take some tomorrow focusing more on the risers themselves.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0475.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0434.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Bike is looking good Fatbob. Think the risers look fine. With the mustache bar I am sure that's a nice ride on the highway.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Well this weekend ride went to crap like a speeding bullet. I got home Saturday night after flying in from Denver so I could be home Sunday and Monday. The wife and I got up early to go for a ride. Before going I did the usual checks, Tire pressure, fluid levels and so on. Every thing was good and after loading up some gear off we went. No for the fun part. We get about 15 miles out of town and the wife signals me to pull over. We stop and see said that something was dragging or rubbing on the rear end. I get off my bike and have a look and find that the right side rear wheel bearing is f'ing toast, Of course it's Sunday and no place to get a set of bearings until Tuesday. Any way called a friend with a trailer to come and get it.

I had to fly back to Denver this afternoon so I really did not have time to look at it. Hoping that the wheel is not trashed and it will only need a new axle and bearings. I won't be home until fathers day weekend so it looks like the Local dealer gets to fix this one.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

That sucks MisBehaven. Well at least you all are safe. At least she noticed hopefully before major damage done. Beautiful three day weekend and it rained here every day. Go figure lol.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
Just got back from Rolling Thunder... Didn't see very many Lo's at all.. spent a lot of time riding around Virginia and Maryland and came across them pretty often though...
I saw another Lo in the Pentagon parking lot, but that was it.

Took us 45 minutes to get into the Pentagon parking lot. I was basically idling for a good part of 45 minutes and was surprised how well the engine ran given the conditions.

Fresh fluid in all three holes.
Adjusted the shocks for 2-up.
Tire pressure, check.
Ready to roll.

Waiting to get into the Pentagon parking lot...

Made it in.

Panorama of the North lot.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Looked like a lot of fun Dizzy. Because you did not see but one other lo means the rest were not cool enough to be on the darkside.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners