Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
It just never really ends. I am considering a Shotgun Shock next winter. Can't really say I have a need for bags.
Me and my wife like to do some overnight trips and don't really have anything to store clothes in, so I want the bags to help with this. Also, it will help wen going to work and will let me put my gym bag in there instead of wearing a backpack... I kinda just want them just because... Or just in case?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Me and my wife like to do some overnight trips and don't really have anything to store clothes in, so I want the bags to help with this. Also, it will help wen going to work and will let me put my gym bag in there instead of wearing a backpack... I kinda just want them just because... Or just in case?
I lucked out as the wife wanted a bike so I got her one a put saddlebags on it. Works great for weekend trips. I do have some bags that strap to the sissy bar and fender rack. Good for packing all the crap the wife buys on our outings.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Testament 27
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
I'm out in excelsior springs, mo just north or liberty.
No joke, I think I've run into at least eight different Lo's so far this year just cruisin around Johnson County and out around Worth. Before this year I've probably seen two total. Thats awesome that there are a few of us who on here that are in the greater KC area. Leather up, rubber down. Stay safe out there.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I lucked out as the wife wanted a bike so I got her one a put saddlebags on it. Works great for weekend trips. I do have some bags that strap to the sissy bar and fender rack. Good for packing all the crap the wife buys on our outings.
Get her to wear one of these beer holders also haha.

But serious, I love my bags. They are always in use. And I never enjoyed going out to get stuff for the OL until I bagged:P

Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Get her to wear one of these beer holders also haha.

But serious, I love my bags. They are always in use. And I never enjoyed going out to get stuff for the OL until I bagged:P
I had hoped never to see such gear again. Wore variations of that crap for 25 years. We have one bag with a Styrofoam insert that she made up to hold 8 bottles of wine. She is a lush and we can't pass by a winery with out having to stop. Pssst don't tell her I said that.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had hoped never to see such gear again. Wore variations of that crap for 25 years. We have one bag with a Styrofoam insert that she made up to hold 8 bottles of wine. She is a lush and we can't pass by a winery with out having to stop. Pssst don't tell her I said that.

Haha just strap her to that sissy bar after the wine.

Btw...I am stoked. I fly back home today for a 5 day break from out of town work. Pick up the bike in tomrrow morning with blacked out forks and full service. Plus OL said UPS has stuff waiting for me. I know that Custom Dynamics LEDS are in....and am hoping the Hodeluxe bib and tool bag, and the Cycle Vision bag guards are also in.

AND!!!!! I get to finally ride in warm weather even though its calling for some rain. No more ice cream headaches and frozen digits.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM
FatboyMo
6th Gear
Smile Help wanted

Hi guys, I just installed my short shot V&H xhust and loving the crackle of the exhaust hmmm beautiful...

I would however, appreciate it if anyone can give me tps on where could I get the following Parts and add Ons from:

1- sidecar.
2- ape hangers. 14-16"
3- headlisghts nacelle stretched with matching extra riding lights all in black.
4- A long sissy bar whith passenger padding + passenger hand rests.

I got a 2012 Fatboy Lo, navy blue basic just added the exhaust. Help me brothers To find the Quality products at reasonable prices. And I'm 6"2 if that's of any help.

Thanks,

FatboyMo

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM
tbish3
Advanced

Just got my 2013 Lo about a month ago. Only put in about 600 miles so far since it wants to rain all the time. Done a couple mods so far. Rinehart slip ons, lay down license plate and a gel seat. Love it so far! Love this forum and thanks for all the great advice so far! I have the candy orange. I will try to figure out how to get pics off the computer.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
1) I've heard from people who swear by the ABS, and I've heard from a guy with an Ultra Limited that was lit up like a christmas tree who told me he was going down hill, they hit the brakes on a slightly wet road coming to a stop sign, ABS kicked in but didn't stop the bike and he ended up in the middle of the intersection. Soo.. Idk. I've locked up my rear several times, but never really my front brake.

2) Touring bikes you ride on, Softails you ride In.. it's a different ride, but I've only been on my friends 2002 Electra Glide Standard.. didn't think much of it really..I liked the radio.

3) I plan on keeping my bike for a long while, so I upgraded my power with the 107" kit with B heads.. only have like 200 miles on it so far, but I'm definitely happy with it.. hopefully I got my leaks to stop. haha.
Funny **** today.. So I had the day off and I went to the dealer, while i was there i finally broke down and took a road glide custom for a test ride.. all kinds of news for me.. it felt weird sitting so high.. and never rode a 103 before so I took off and all i kept saying what was this damn thing blocking my view... ohh fixed fairing... got beyond that so i wanted to see how the abs was since i never rode one of those. not sure how sold i am on that either.. but the whole ride while braking and slowing the bike was vibrating like a VW Bug. No rumble No depth but then again it was stock... either way i couldn't get past the vibration.. when i got back to the dealer i was talking to one of their techs and he thought it might be low tire pressure.. Sales guy doesn't like it either so i take out another one, so he can send the other back to service. I suck at subtlety so i think the 2nd bike is different.. until on the way back i feel the same thing.. Long story short turns out its because its a 103A motor not a B (Balanced) motor and they are just different..I had no clue.. So the RG or any of the touring bikes did not grab me. I want to bag my lo out and make it a bit more ergonomically sound for long rides and keep it real....

Last edited by Stratoscape; 05-17-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Default Hard Bag read tin

Josey Is there a particular rear tin that you used with the hard bags? How hard are they to remove once you have them installed? No vibration issues at all?

Last edited by Stratoscape; 05-18-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners