Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Seeking answers from those who had the ignition coil relocated: where did you purchase the plug wires from? And does it make a ton of difference if they were 8.5mm comparing to 8mm or whatever stock? I have already fabricated the mounting hardware and been in shock looking at the prices of some wires from the web. Any help from the Lo bros is greatly appreciated, always.
I use the stock HD wires from a Rocker C. There's really no difference in size wire, since the coil is only going to release X amount of Amps/Volts/Watts/whatever it is to make the spark plug fire.. that's why I don't understand why people put bigger coils on a stock motor.. there's no benefit since it's going to discharge at the same X. Haven't had any issues from stock wires from another bike.

Originally Posted by Fenres
Just saw on the HD site they're calling the Lo, the Fatboy special now.

Still waiting on those o-rings jim? Besides the weeping, is the new setup everything you expected?
Are you sure you were on the US site? check the URL.. it should say harley-davidson.com/en_US.. if it says en_UK you're on the UK site, and over in Europe it's always been called the FatBoy Special.

I haven't had a chance to take it out since I installed the new o-rings, I let it idle in my driveway for a few minutes before I put her up, and there was no leaks then.. but I won't know until I have a chance to take it out for a good ride again.

Anyways, for what it is..the 107" is pretty scary. There's just such a constant amount of power from the moment you twist the throttle until you look down and realize you're doing 90mph. She's still smooth as silk.. a little bit more shaky at idle though. Compression releases were definitely a wise investment. I was rolling from a red light at like 10mph, and cracked the throttle, not all the way, but to about 50% throttle, and that front tire was like "Nah brah, I don't need to be on the ground anymore". Scared the crap out of me for a second. Yeah.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Fenres
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did the cams as well right? Was wondering how much a difference the cams make, and how much the 107 makes. Or is it just silly to do one at a time.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenres
You did the cams as well right? Was wondering how much a difference the cams make, and how much the 107 makes. Or is it just silly to do one at a time.
No answer for whether doing cams alone is worth it vs doing both.. I did both because Fuel Moto's kit comes with both. Naturally though, a few weeks after I ordered my kit with the TW555's, the TW888's came out which look a bit tastier than the 555's..oh well..my loss.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 AM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
Stupid site was being retarded....
Yeah, it made an *** out of me for posting the same question 3 times. Anywho, I thank Deadanimal, Misbehaven, and Sgt Jim for your reply. Since there was no significant performance gain that you could experience by using larger wires, I'd rather search for the least expensive ones that works. Many thanks again.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

So I may be adding some 18" Calini Gangster apes to the bike as well as the shotgun shock and maybe bags... the 16s just don't cut it anymore. And since I ride with mine leaned out forward anyways, the forward swept shape of those bars should fit nicer. But then I have to go out and get new cables and risers... ugh... why is this crap sooooo expensive?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So I may be adding some 18" Calini Gangster apes to the bike as well as the shotgun shock and maybe bags... the 16s just don't cut it anymore. And since I ride with mine leaned out forward anyways, the forward swept shape of those bars should fit nicer. But then I have to go out and get new cables and risers... ugh... why is this crap sooooo expensive?
If it was cheap and easy...I be swapping bars based on mood swings. Thats one mod I had to make sure I nailed down for such reasons.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
It just never really ends. I am considering a Shotgun Shock next winter. Can't really say I have a need for bags.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM
2013SGJK
Novice

I have to agree...that wind was brutal here yesterday, but it sure beats the snow-I'm out in Lenexa.

Originally Posted by Testament 27
Beautiful 90 degree day here in KC. Of course it was super windy but I'll take the sun out anyway I can get it. Retarded *** weather. Three weeks ago it was snowing. WTF.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Testament 27
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 2013SGJK
I have to agree...that wind was brutal here yesterday, but it sure beats the snow-I'm out in Lenexa.
I'm over in Prairie Village and work in Edwardsville. Nice to see another thread member close by. I have to say that the "Lo" fever is catching on. I have seen quite a few out in the wild around here so far this riding season. When I bought mine in 11 that was not the case.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Testament 27
I'm over in Prairie Village and work in Edwardsville. Nice to see another thread member close by. I have to say that the "Lo" fever is catching on. I have seen quite a few out in the wild around here so far this riding season. When I bought mine in 11 that was not the case.
I'm out in excelsior springs, mo just north or liberty.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners