Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
What's the opinion on a Fatboy Lo with a Memphis Shades batwing?

Ya? no?
What say you?
Personally, I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks but my HD windshield is sitting in a harley bag stored. Meanwhile, the MS batwing is getting used a lot. For me, I like the ride with the batwing much better. Then again, I have the 3-pouch bag and the lowest "windsheild" they sell. If you want to hide behind something, go the HD route though that won't protect your hands or try the MS with a larger shield. Be warned, some may still think you have a street glide with fatboy wheels. LOL

Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Personally, I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks but my HD windshield is sitting in a harley bag stored. Meanwhile, the MS batwing is getting used a lot. For me, I like the ride with the batwing much better. Then again, I have the 3-pouch bag and the lowest "windsheild" they sell. If you want to hide behind something, go the HD route though that won't protect your hands or try the MS with a larger shield. Be warned, some may still think you have a street glide with fatboy wheels. LOL
Perfect^^

Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Search this thread, there have been a few that have used them and posted pics, then it's up to you as far as what you want your bike to look like. Remember "Make it your own"

Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Yeah I agree. I was just wondering what people thought and if any had used them and their experience. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the classic. I guess was just feeding my addiction of spending money on the bike Quick release options offer the best of both worlds.
I enjoy having a place to come and ask questions and get input on our bikes. Understanding that we dress up the bike the way the individual wants. But I think all of us a little bit want our bikes to look go to others as well.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't find the photos of my bike with my windshield mounted on it.. but i'll tell ya, for weekend rides, or anything over like 250 miles, i won't go without the windshield.. it makes a WORLD of difference.

Of course..the first few times you ride with one, you're going to hear a buttload of weird noises coming from your engine..you'll think "man, this bike is going to blow up in a second".. but it's all normal..it's just the crap you hear when you don't have the wind in your ears.

edit:
oh..i figured out why the heck my pushrod covers are leaking. because the gasket kit that Fuel Moto gave me was missing 4 o-rings that go in the middle of the pushrod covers. So i guess this weekend I'll be taking the damn pushrods back out again so i can get the covers off and replace the orings. damnit.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Did you put the adjustable pushrods in it? Or do you have to remove the rocker boxes and all that again?

Old 05-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

luckily the fuel moto adjustable pushrods.. and since i've already had to take them apart once to check on a noise in the drive train, i'm pretty good at removing/replacing them now. still a pain in the butt to do

Old 05-10-2013, 12:13 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Ya I bet. But at least you know how and don't have to pay someone to do it. I am sure that would cost a dollar or two.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
I finally got the forks blacked out!
WHAT?! Finally haha! I think we talked about that almost a year or so ago haha.

So I haven't been on here in a while; I've been to busy playing with my Xterra and trying to make it be all it can be... now to start back on the money for the Lo

So I am for sure looking at getting the Hogdeluxe springer bags, Alloy Art rear turn signals, and detachable windshield (300 mile ride had me hurting for a minute afterwards) buuuuuut, I also noticed on that long trip that on the real bumpy and hilly roads along with the sharp curves that had some bumps while riding 2-up, I was scraping pretty hard and at times I even cringed a little. I have gotten a nice couple scrapes on the end of my exhaust tips, so that hurts a bit... So I guess what I am getting to is the Shotgun Shock... will this help with the scraping and possible bottoming out on those bumps in the curves and out on the open road? And, is it worth it? That is a mighty big bill to look at so I am trying to see if I really really want/need it...

Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Landon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
What's the opinion on a Fatboy Lo with a Memphis Shades batwing?

Ya? no?
What say you?
Still in the works. MS fairing and Harley bags. Added Yaffe lights into bags tonight but no pics yet.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners