Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Earl IV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
I am very impressed with the comfort on the C&C new style 200mm wide solo seat. Not on their site yet.

Very nice.

Do they offer a backrest for that seat?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel gage

If I cut the wires to remove my fuel gage, will I still get the "miles to reserve" info on the dash digital?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate
Default pickelhaube

Before the pickelhaube (spike)

After

I didn't like the look of the thumbscrew on my fenderbib so I asked a few local machine shops to make it and most weren't interested in a one-off or they claimed they needed the exact specs. I drew it up and sent it to a buddy of mine who teaches machining in a men's prison and I had it in the mail to me the next day. Best thing, it was FREE!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl IV
Very nice.

Do they offer a backrest for that seat?
Ya they do.

Name:  9B6B16F1-1281-44AB-B396-41B4CD3E0CAD-1093-000001C29BF01235_zpsf90edded.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  210.2 KB

Old 04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Been doing some small mods before heading out this spring. Added some HD stuff, lowered the bike 1 1/2", and added a 19" Memphis Shades Windshield. Also painted the trim ring for the tail light flat black and added a Fatboy logo to the top of the light.
Overview:

HD Bling:

Tail light:

Stock Height:

Lowered:

Old 04-27-2013, 05:54 PM
s5051
Intermediate
Default 12 FB Lo intro...

Thanks to this list for the many mod ideas. Introducing my 12 FB Lo in process...mileage 398. Damn...never realize HD can cost so much per mile. Enough for this year...gotta ride!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-s5051_0637_800x600.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-s5051_0640_800x600.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
OK 2 things happened... After I brought the bike back from the dealer and had my 7K service completed.. The next day after I rode to work, in my nice clothes I had to make a 10 mile run at noon to a meeting as I parked the bike, set the kick stand and all of sudden felt a extreme burning sensation under my right thigh. I looked down and saw smoke pouring out of my bike. Some how the oil cap blew off and oil shot all over my leg and the engine. SO big mess but no big deal.. I figured the service tech just was lazy and didnt put it in all the way.. so about 2 weeks later.. today I am riding to work down 95 in Baltimore and my rear break seizes. Very little rear brake pressure and i have to limp to work with just my front brake. When I park at work BLAM the oil cap blows again this time blowing oil and literally covering the entire back half of the bike. Only thing I can think of is dealer put in to much oil.. I had to ride 70 miles back to the dealer and they didnt know why the oil plug was blowing. But he did say he has only seen an issue with rear brakes on newer bikes before and it was on fat boy lows. He said it might require a rebuild of the master cylinder and even though my bike is a 10 HD should cover it because this shouldn't happen.. So we will see what happens from here.. really screws up my birthday ride to York to take the Factory tour....

Hey man that really sucks, let us know about the out come, I work for a auto dealer and I've seen them cover things like this if the dealer dosnt do anthing for you get in touch of Harley customer service if its a ongoing model spef problem they should take care of it

Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s5051
Thanks to this list for the many mod ideas. Introducing my 12 FB Lo in process...mileage 398. Damn...never realize HD can cost so much per mile. Enough for this year...gotta ride!
Haven't seen a fairing like that on a FB. Looks good on your bike

Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thought I'd post a pic of my Lo after doing some grocery shopping this morning, and yes the saddlebags are full.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0774.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0775.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
OK 2 things happened... After I brought the bike back from the dealer and had my 7K service completed.. The next day after I rode to work, in my nice clothes I had to make a 10 mile run at noon to a meeting as I parked the bike, set the kick stand and all of sudden felt a extreme burning sensation under my right thigh. I looked down and saw smoke pouring out of my bike. Some how the oil cap blew off and oil shot all over my leg and the engine. SO big mess but no big deal.. I figured the service tech just was lazy and didnt put it in all the way.. so about 2 weeks later.. today I am riding to work down 95 in Baltimore and my rear break seizes. Very little rear brake pressure and i have to limp to work with just my front brake. When I park at work BLAM the oil cap blows again this time blowing oil and literally covering the entire back half of the bike. Only thing I can think of is dealer put in to much oil.. I had to ride 70 miles back to the dealer and they didnt know why the oil plug was blowing. But he did say he has only seen an issue with rear brakes on newer bikes before and it was on fat boy lows. He said it might require a rebuild of the master cylinder and even though my bike is a 10 HD should cover it because this shouldn't happen.. So we will see what happens from here.. really screws up my birthday ride to York to take the Factory tour....
Sorry to hear about your troubles, I think that the oil cap problem may have to do with the oil tank or the crank case not venting properly. Did they do any work to the air cleaner? possibly clean or change the element, there are two hollow bolts that hold the backing plate to the rocker boxes that have two rubber tubes attached to them that vent the crank case pressure and if they are blocked it could cause crank case pressures to rise. Also the smaller line runing from the top of the oil tank to the area below the rear cylinder is for venting the oil tank, is it possible that it has become blocked or restricted. I would have to believe that this oil cap problem was "created" by some recent work to the motorcycle. As for your brake problem I'm at a loss. Please keep us updated about your progress geting these problems resolved. That's quite a kick in the *** to have paid dealer prices for service and then have trouble, but they are human too and can make mistakes. A good dealer will take care of you and do their best to get the problem resolved. If they come back and say you need a bunch of expensive work GET A SECOND OPINION, good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners