Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the Shotgun installed! Took a little longer than hoped since I had a retard moment for about 10 minutes. Forgot to loosen up the compressor clamp so it could move into place. After that everything went into place nicely. Took it for a ride Sat for a few hundred miles, the way down was rough then I figured it out a bit better and was pretty nice for the ride back. Pretty fun to show off too......

Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
Got the Shotgun installed! Took a little longer than hoped since I had a retard moment for about 10 minutes. Forgot to loosen up the compressor clamp so it could move into place. After that everything went into place nicely. Took it for a ride Sat for a few hundred miles, the way down was rough then I figured it out a bit better and was pretty nice for the ride back. Pretty fun to show off too......

Nice I have had my shotgun on for a bout 500 miles and love it more everyday

Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Vwoo
Cruiser

So, I just purchased a powder coated wide headlamp trim ring for my bike. It looks great, but I have one issue. For some reason I'm having issues with secure seating on the headlamp housing. When the bottom screw is fully secure, I still have a bit of play in on the trim ring. Any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vwoo
So, I just purchased a powder coated wide headlamp trim ring for my bike. It looks great, but I have one issue. For some reason I'm having issues with secure seating on the headlamp housing. When the bottom screw is fully secure, I still have a bit of play in on the trim ring. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem. What I did was use a bunch of strips of duct tape stacked on each other. The stack was probably at least a quarter inch thick give or take. I stuck it on the inside of the trim ring and kept adding strips until it didn't wiggle any more. Not the most elegant solution I admit but it worked. Some people claim the trim rings like the french style ones will fit over the stock ring but I think that must only be when using the one made for the nacelle headlight housings. I tried fitting my french style one over the stock one based on what I'd read in other posts about it and there was no way in hell that was going to happen. Something to try I thought about after the duct tape is some of the adhesive foam that you can get for sealing drafty doors and stuff. That might work pretty good.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Vwoo
Cruiser

I will give the weatherstripping spacer a try. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Vwoo
There is little rubber band on ring that are used as bushings and keeps it tight, when I replaced my trim ring they broke, I used rubber bands for braces I got from CVS worked great..... Hope it helps

Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 AM
barbs3131
Advanced

So not to beat a dead horse, and I have searched around the forum but I can't seem to get the answer I am looking for. I am in the market for a new seat, something that is comfortable for long rides, moves me back/down a little bit since I am 6'3, optional passenger pillion for when the wife rides, etc. I am currently leaning towards the Mustang Tripper, and a couple others, but I can't seem to find any solid reviews. Anyone have any other recommendations/suggestions that I should be considering?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by barbs3131
So not to beat a dead horse, and I have searched around the forum but I can't seem to get the answer I am looking for. I am in the market for a new seat, something that is comfortable for long rides, moves me back/down a little bit since I am 6'3, optional passenger pillion for when the wife rides, etc. I am currently leaning towards the Mustang Tripper, and a couple others, but I can't seem to find any solid reviews. Anyone have any other recommendations/suggestions that I should be considering?
I am very impressed with the comfort on the C&C new style 200mm wide solo seat. Not on their site yet.

Name:  971CD4F9-1F32-4C0A-A37A-6CCAED7CE24A-231-0000002EC5D6F9F3_zps5cac8bea.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  217.4 KB

Name:  73E32868-1CC1-4C67-806F-B3380841EBBE-231-0000002EC2491DBC_zps9f60030c.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  208.2 KB

Last edited by Josewales; 04-24-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That seat looks good on your DiabLo.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

OK 2 things happened... After I brought the bike back from the dealer and had my 7K service completed.. The next day after I rode to work, in my nice clothes I had to make a 10 mile run at noon to a meeting as I parked the bike, set the kick stand and all of sudden felt a extreme burning sensation under my right thigh. I looked down and saw smoke pouring out of my bike. Some how the oil cap blew off and oil shot all over my leg and the engine. SO big mess but no big deal.. I figured the service tech just was lazy and didnt put it in all the way.. so about 2 weeks later.. today I am riding to work down 95 in Baltimore and my rear break seizes. Very little rear brake pressure and i have to limp to work with just my front brake. When I park at work BLAM the oil cap blows again this time blowing oil and literally covering the entire back half of the bike. Only thing I can think of is dealer put in to much oil.. I had to ride 70 miles back to the dealer and they didnt know why the oil plug was blowing. But he did say he has only seen an issue with rear brakes on newer bikes before and it was on fat boy lows. He said it might require a rebuild of the master cylinder and even though my bike is a 10 HD should cover it because this shouldn't happen.. So we will see what happens from here.. really screws up my birthday ride to York to take the Factory tour....

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners