Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Sgt Jim, here is a vid I took tonight after about 20 minutes riding around town. Engine is up to normal operating temps. Build is fuelmoto standard 107" kit 10.25 flattops, woods 555 cams and woods lifters. FM adj pushrods. That was all done a year ago, this year I added there B heads and had them mill them to bring the compression up to 10.5 to 1, and changed the pipes over to the pro pipe with standard baffle. I have 13 tuning runs on this using the powervision. The main ve tables I am close to satisfied with after some adjustment to the charge dilution/egr and a few more runs I made. Now its on to fine tuning of idle mixture and other detailed work, then fine tuning of spark tables. Rinse and repeat lol. The phone vid does bring out mechanical engine sound you would have to actually try and here if just standing around the bike. I have well over 500 miles on it since the heads and pipes even with our crappy weather. She pulls hard and even across the rpm band and I haven't had any issues in tuning at all. Hope this helps. Anyone that wants to peak at my fuel map I will be glad to email it.
Doug

Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes! Yours sounds exactly like mine does at the engine! Thanks very much for posting that, I feel a lot better now.. and I'll feel great once my damn pushrod covers start leaking.. I haven't had a chance since this past weekend to get out there and work on them..maybe this weekend

Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yes! Yours sounds exactly like mine does at the engine! Thanks very much for posting that, I feel a lot better now.. and I'll feel great once my damn pushrod covers start leaking.. I haven't had a chance since this past weekend to get out there and work on them..maybe this weekend
Happy to have helped out, on the covers make sure there isn't debris up in the head ends and make sure the old o-rings aren't up in there also, dbl o-rings will get ya leeks.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Fenres
Advanced

Oil change intervals? Just checked oil after 1900 miles from 1k service at dealship, and its about dry. Really kicking myself for not checking directly after getting the bike back. Bike has 3k on it now, no oil dripping from anything and never smelt any burning off. Picking up some oil and changing the oil myself tomorrow.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Did you check it before you fired it up the first time after setting over the winter? If so the oil is in the sump/crankcase. Fire it up and warm it up then recheck before adding oil.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Fenres
Advanced

Yea, never really stopped this winter. Started hard today, turned once hesitated, then started up. Let it warm up a few minutes. Then turned it off and checked the oil level.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Might give it a touch longer run time and see if the level starts climbing. If the oil is sumped and you do a normal oil change your going to end up over filled and have a really good oil mess to clean up after it overflows. Hope it's not actually low since you have no external leaks that you noticed. Still think it's sumped and just needs to get pumped back up to the tank...

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM
907 Rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deadrider
They way she sits now.....I would love to hear what you all think....Thanks

Where did you get those apes? They look incredible.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:37 AM
MAP5
Intermediate

Thanks FatboyMo,
I got my sissy bar from my local Harley dealership, its a detatchable sissy bar. I also had to buy the docking kit and the turn signal relocation kit to install it.
The apes are from BR customs, they are 16" sweeping K9 ape hangers. I am 5'11" tall and the bars keep my arms right at shoulder height. I have not had any issues with comfort with my apes. I love the feel as well as the look. The only issue is once you reach a certain speed, your body acts like a sail, but it doesnt bother me too much. At 6'2" you might want to go a little taller with your bars, but you'll have to check that for yourself. BR customs were great to order from, great customer service, and they have a bunch of bars to chose from. They also have a tutorial on how to figure height, pullback, rise ect... Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by FatboyMo
Hi, nice ride where did you find the sissy bar you got been looking for something similar or longer with a passenger pad everywhere and couldn't find one, so could you help me out on where could I order something like that?

One more thing, how's the ape hangers are they cool for long rides as well??? I'm 6"2 and heared somewhere that it shouldn't be higher than your shoulder, what do you think? Thanks in advance for the advice.

FatboyMo
Fatboy lo 2012

Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
lmyers
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Thanks for that mate....looks great!!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners