Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboyMo
Hay Bill, could you help a brother biker in need, ive been looking everywhere for a nice nacelle, bezel, and running lights all in black everywhere and couldn't find anything other what's on the HD website... Mind if I ask where you got yourssss...???

Another thing how are the hangers are those 16"zzz, I'm 6"2 do you think the hangers would be a good hight? Any info would be great...
Keep an eye on ebay for the nacelle, either in pieces or complete. Mine was ruined and I happened to check ebay on Thursday last week and there were several. I grabbed the halves that I needed to fix mine. You can save a search and ebay will email you when new items hit. Forget about getting used in black, I've never seen them since I doubt they sell very many compared to chrome. Just get the chrome setup and have them PC'd.

As for the apes, they are 14" and I'm 5'9". At 6'2" I'd think you'd be more than fine with 16" of any brand/type of ape. I would think on average 16" for you would probably be below your shoulders. I would keep them at shoulder height for the most comfort. I've ridden 450 mile days without any hand/arm issues. Pay attention to the width from grip to grip and the pull back. Both of those measurements have a big impact on how the bars feel. The gangsters only have 7" of pull back, which isn't much and was a little shocking when I rode for the first time. If I wasn't sick of having my bike apart and spending money, I'd probably buy some flyin' apes and see how those felt. I'm ready to ride though and tired of pulling wires in/out of bars.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM
danny4456
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboyMo
Hi, nice ride where did you find the sissy bar you got been looking for something similar or longer with a passenger pad everywhere and couldn't find one, so could you help me out on where could I order something like that?

One more thing, how's the ape hangers are they cool for long rides as well??? I'm 6"2 and heared somewhere that it shouldn't be higher than your shoulder, what do you think? Thanks in advance for the advice.

FatboyMo
Fatboy lo 2012
I love my BR Bars ....yours look great.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
FYI, they don't come in black, I painted mine. Get the raw finish so you don't have to deal with chrome.
check thanks

Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
check thanks
Check out what bauer4567 said:

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I ordered them PCd black from ghost rider customs... It is the only thing I am waiting on to get my bike back together. I would just throw on another set, but I have a softy custom as well, so it's not like I can't ride

If you can get them in black, might as well unless they are a lot more $$.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JIM how about post a short vid clip of your beast, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested on the sound of the 107 with triple nickle cams

Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Check out what bauer4567 said:

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I ordered them PCd black from ghost rider customs... It is the only thing I am waiting on to get my bike back together. I would just throw on another set, but I have a softy custom as well, so it's not like I can't ride

If you can get them in black, might as well unless they are a lot more $$.
It was about $30 more

Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
lmyers
6th Gear

Has anyone combined edge cut brake and gear levers with other styles of gear shifter peg and brake pedal? I'm about to have 3" extended controls installed in my Lo, so I need to replace the gear with the FX style. I have tribal pegs, mirrors and hand grips, so would like to stick with tribal gear shifter and brake pedal. I just can't visualise what it would look like with edge cut billet levers vs the satin black billet levers?? Any thoughts or photos from folks who have done something similar?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:00 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They way she sits now.....I would love to hear what you all think....Thanks

Name:  bike1-1_zps8f9542b9.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  174.0 KB

Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lmyers
Has anyone combined edge cut brake and gear levers with other styles of gear shifter peg and brake pedal? I'm about to have 3" extended controls installed in my Lo, so I need to replace the gear with the FX style. I have tribal pegs, mirrors and hand grips, so would like to stick with tribal gear shifter and brake pedal. I just can't visualise what it would look like with edge cut billet levers vs the satin black billet levers?? Any thoughts or photos from folks who have done something similar?
I got the edge cut lever for grip...then went with diamond black series for rest. Doesnt look out of place at all.....I believe with any series on a Lo.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners