Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 AM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So I finally got it done. That damn right side muffler about gave me a hernia trying to get the booger on. Got out to take a few pics before it got dark; crappy cellphone pics, but still pics.

This exhaust is awesome! Sounds amazing! Quieter on idle than my slip-ons were, but much MUCH deeper. Like the kinda deep that shakes empty beer cans off the toolbox when it's idling in the garage. It did that. But even though it is quieter at idle, it gets a good rip going once you rip the throttle. Louder and better sounding than the slip-ons. Oh, and absolutely zero popping on decel.

Really like the look. How is the heat on the left side?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Looking good Captain, those pipes really go with your bike

Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Thanks guys, I really really like it and don't know why I didn't do it earlier. As for the heat, I'm not quite sure yet. I haven't went in a long enough ride and the weather is pretty shitty so I may not be able to until next weekend. I will say that I know for a fact that my leg rubs on the left side pipe when I go to back up, so I'm going to have to be careful of that after a long ride. Also there is a possibility of my wife's boot melting to that pipe since the peg is so close to the pipe, so there's that too, but I'll figure out a way to fix that.

So I've got some V&H black slash cut slip-ons for sale in great shape (minus a rub on the backside of one pipe that you can't see when they are in the bike at all). If anyone's interested I'll let em go for real cheap!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went and ordered the HD oil cooler yesterday. Now the waiting begins. I've got ABS so I've ordered the one that mounts on the downtube. Hopefully it looks Ok. The dealer actually wanted to sell me a jagg 6 or 10 row. Poor parts guy didn't realize that jags 250 dollar price didn't include the 100 dollar + filter adapter and 60 dollar thermostat. Making HD the cheaper option by a long shot. Hopefully it gets me some cooler temps this summer. Even though my commutes a lot shorter now I'm sure I'll still caught in a bunch of traffic this summer.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 AM
bblhead
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I got the new pipes installed. Freedom Performance Declaration Turnouts.

Sound Great!!! Next weekend is the new Air Cleaner and Screaming Eagle Super Tuner.

Hope everyone had a Safe St. Patty's Day!!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-cam00063.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-cam00064.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

wrong way

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Tampakingpin; 03-18-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Put some highway pegs on the Trike on Sunday. Washed both bikes. Looking forward to a great week of riding. The bikes are looking sick on here. This thread is going strong.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Thanks guys, I really really like it and don't know why I didn't do it earlier. As for the heat, I'm not quite sure yet. I haven't went in a long enough ride and the weather is pretty shitty so I may not be able to until next weekend. I will say that I know for a fact that my leg rubs on the left side pipe when I go to back up, so I'm going to have to be careful of that after a long ride. Also there is a possibility of my wife's boot melting to that pipe since the peg is so close to the pipe, so there's that too, but I'll figure out a way to fix that.

So I've got some V&H black slash cut slip-ons for sale in great shape (minus a rub on the backside of one pipe that you can't see when they are in the bike at all). If anyone's interested I'll let em go for real cheap!
cell phone pics of the left side would be awesome. I want to compare the left side to the samsons.

Last edited by bauer4567; 03-18-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Palms out, the hand that makes an L is the left hand.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bauer4567
cell phone pics of the left side would be awesome. I want to compare the left side to the samsons.
Here's one:

It is a little tough to see because it matches the oil tank. From what I have heard, they run just like the Samson's except they run closer to the primary cover. They sit REALLY close to it. As for quality though, I can't compare the two because I don't have any experience with Samsons, but everyone I know that has them absolutely loves them. And they sound great too.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 03-18-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
JSharp
Intermediate

First off I have to say thanks to everyone on this forum, I have had my lo since may and this site has been instrumental in changing my bike. Just got it back after having the big shots, screamin eagle race tuner, and roland sands filter. Bike runs great. Had to wait on those pics until I removed the orange reflectors.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners