Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM
chriscanam71
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's mine

Here's my 2011 Fat Boy Lo all blacked out (vivid black)

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-p8120008.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-p8120023.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I did the ENCS deal, should have the bike delivered toward the end of January, the week after I get back from my deployment.

Good luck on gettin a 2010... they're all gone thorough ENCS, every last one of them, they sold out of them in July I think. I had to pick up a 2011 (which isn't bad considering it comes with the tach unlike the 2010, not that I'll really even use it). ENCS price is $16k OTD with the extended service plan; $300 reserves the bike for you as well as the delivery date. And every payment you make until delivery is purely on the principal, you don't pay any interest until it is delivered. I went with ENCS for the same reason you were saying, no dealership was even wanting to consider haggling on the price of this bike, they have a hard enough time keeping them in stock at MSRP. and with the additional fees, I was lookin at about $2k over what ENCS was offering to get it out the door of any other dealership in the states.

Oh and the comment about you saying all you'll do is shop around for parts for the bike while on deployment... how do you think I have been passing the time out here

Good luck on yours next summer. Shoot, I might just be out there again with you.

Also, if your sales person is cool you'll get A TON of free Harley shirts from them every time you go see them. I've gotten about 18 so far for both me and my wife, he usually throws about 3 of them at me as I'm leaving every time I go to see him, even if it is to just BS, and I still have a month and a half left out here... And since they cost around $40-45 bucks a pop to buy them from the dealership, I'd say I'm making out pretty good. Not that this was a selling point, but it was a nice perk.
Good stuff on the new purchase. Hopefully you live somewhere warm enough to ride in January... Wisconsin usually has that white stuff all over the place by then.

I'm about to start a support group on Camp Victory for depressed bikers who miss their scoots and troll for parts all day to pass the time

Roll on.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Holy ****....I just spent a damn week reading this thread from start to finish. I can't decide if I am happy to have made it through 90+ pages or sad that I have to wait for more posts!

I bought my 2011 Black Denim Lo on November 1st after spending 3 years trying to decide which models I really liked. And during the last 4 months, driving my wife crazy because I couldn’t pass a dealership without stopping & running in, sitting on 2 or 3 then running out to tell her that I was getting close to making my mind up...it was tough coming from 13 years of riding sport bikes.

While I had sat on both a white and a silver denim Lo, I had not seen a black denim Lo in person until the week before I bought it. As soon as I sat on the beast, I knew it was the one. My dealer was cool enough to hold the bike on a handshake (pushed it into the warehouse and marked it sold!) and I was back next week to take delivery.

I have already bought a medium low round bar sissy bar and luggage rack and a few other small parts, I can't wait to decide which exhaust I really like. I really didn’t like the Big Radius 2 into 1, but it has grown on me. I still like the 2 into 2, and might go that route because i am not sure if I like the idea of raising the foot pegs.

I am also thinking about switching to new wheels, a set with black rims and think wire spokes once I get closer to needing new tires. Anyone able to recommend a quality mfg?

I never knew so much planning would have to go into new handlebars and I am sure that I would have made tons of mistakes and wasted money if it wasn’t for you guys. I'm def going with ape hangers, probably the BR Gorilla Bars or Sweeping Beaters with matching engine guards.

Gotta black out the front tubes, probably throw on an extended nacelle for the front headlight and I'm undecided about the floorboards. Probably will extend them out a bit, I'm 6' 2" and gotta figure out something soon. Solo bag from Garage Leathers is being ordered this Friday.

Long post, but considering that I spent over a week reading this and drooling over the sweet mods done by everyone, I had a lot bottled up!

I'll post some pics once I get a few more parts added and at least one thing somewhat unique to what you guys have already done.

Last but not least, anyone you guys in South Florida? I'm trying to convert my sport bike friends over to the Dark Side but it's not happening fast enough.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Kronin
Advanced

Congrats on the new ride, Joe. I know how you feel, I started reading through this thread a couple weeks ago as well. I was torn between the silver and black denim, but think I've finally settled on the black. The dealer has one on the showroom floor. Hope to pull the trigger soon...

Then I have to decide if I'm going to ride it stock for awhile, or start swapping things right away. I'm not sure what direction I want to go with the bars, so I'll probably leave them as-is for awhile. Pretty sure I want to go with V&H BSS pipes, but will put that off until I can do pipes, air cleaner and tuner all at once.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:23 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Holy ****....I just spent a damn week reading this thread from start to finish. I can't decide if I am happy to have made it through 90+ pages or sad that I have to wait for more posts!

I bought my 2011 Black Denim Lo on November 1st after spending 3 years trying to decide which models I really liked. And during the last 4 months, driving my wife crazy because I couldn’t pass a dealership without stopping & running in, sitting on 2 or 3 then running out to tell her that I was getting close to making my mind up...it was tough coming from 13 years of riding sport bikes.

While I had sat on both a white and a silver denim Lo, I had not seen a black denim Lo in person until the week before I bought it. As soon as I sat on the beast, I knew it was the one. My dealer was cool enough to hold the bike on a handshake (pushed it into the warehouse and marked it sold!) and I was back next week to take delivery.

I have already bought a medium low round bar sissy bar and luggage rack and a few other small parts, I can't wait to decide which exhaust I really like. I really didn’t like the Big Radius 2 into 1, but it has grown on me. I still like the 2 into 2, and might go that route because i am not sure if I like the idea of raising the foot pegs.

I am also thinking about switching to new wheels, a set with black rims and think wire spokes once I get closer to needing new tires. Anyone able to recommend a quality mfg?

I never knew so much planning would have to go into new handlebars and I am sure that I would have made tons of mistakes and wasted money if it wasn’t for you guys. I'm def going with ape hangers, probably the BR Gorilla Bars or Sweeping Beaters with matching engine guards.

Gotta black out the front tubes, probably throw on an extended nacelle for the front headlight and I'm undecided about the floorboards. Probably will extend them out a bit, I'm 6' 2" and gotta figure out something soon. Solo bag from Garage Leathers is being ordered this Friday.

Long post, but considering that I spent over a week reading this and drooling over the sweet mods done by everyone, I had a lot bottled up!

I'll post some pics once I get a few more parts added and at least one thing somewhat unique to what you guys have already done.

Last but not least, anyone you guys in South Florida? I'm trying to convert my sport bike friends over to the Dark Side but it's not happening fast enough.

Welcome to the addiction.....where the fun never ends but the money does!!!

Check with Drew before you make any purchases....looks like he beats all prices and matches any deals found elsewhere.....

Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Joe I am a couple of hours up 95 in Palm Bay. I wish I could have spoken to you before you read this thread. It is costing me thousands.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I said in was going to ride stock for awhile too, but I often lie to myself, it seems.

Who is Drew? Parts dealer? I am going to buy exhaust, intake and a tuner in a few weeks. I'll post here before I buy anything...

It's funny, seems like the Lo has a pretty strong following, even my salesman had one...he was actually proud that I picked the same bike he had.

Thanks for the welcome all!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
I said in was going to ride stock for awhile too, but I often lie to myself, it seems.

Who is Drew? Parts dealer? I am going to buy exhaust, intake and a tuner in a few weeks. I'll post here before I buy anything...

It's funny, seems like the Lo has a pretty strong following, even my salesman had one...he was actually proud that I picked the same bike he had.

Thanks for the welcome all!

Drew is a Sponsor and member here.

DR. V-TWIN is his screenname. I haven't bought anything from him, but so far he has either beat or matched all prices I found elsewhere.

I am creating my Christmas list to hand out.....it will have his name and phone number on it...

Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 AM
adcuevas
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Casey on your purchase and on getting through this thread!!

Name:  DSC01597.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  85.8 KB

Old 12-01-2010, 08:31 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went trough this thread as well... has made me spend a lot of money just like everyone else in here

congrats!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners