Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:31 AM
wtf6316
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pyron why did you not get it from the aafes program? I checked into in when I was in Iraq and it was a good deal I just didnt have the $$$. Im going to Afgan next summer and will be looking at the prices again. Ill have the $$$ this time. Do you know what the price is form aafes for a LO? Congrats on the bike and be safe.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Pyron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wtf6316
Hey Pyron why did you not get it from the aafes program? I checked into in when I was in Iraq and it was a good deal I just didnt have the $$$. Im going to Afgan next summer and will be looking at the prices again. Ill have the $$$ this time. Do you know what the price is form aafes for a LO? Congrats on the bike and be safe.
I didn't get it from ENCS for a couple reasons:
1) They didn't have a Lo to sell me until sometime in 2011
2) The price they gave me wasn't really awesome from what I remember and they couldn't customize it. (I got a different seat and the Stage 1 Big Bore Kit for the price ENCS quoted me)
3) I wanted to give a local business my money instead of the Brits :P

ENCS is a great program; there's a lot of benefits. It just wasn't right for me at the time.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
wtf6316
Road Master

Thanks for the info. I remember the price was a little below msrp but with no fees. Maybe I will do like you did and shop around. Most of the shops in the DFW area of Texas wont deal. Price is what it says. The bad thing about being in Iraq is looking on the internet at stuff to buy. This forum is also no help. It will just fuel the addiction. Good luck on the customization of your new toy.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Pyron
Cruiser

If I wasn't itching to get it NOW, I would have went through ENCS. Something like 500 bucks down saves your bike, they deliver whenever you're ready, and you can pretty much always get decent financing. On top of that, you can keep putting more money down on it before you take delivery, and whatever's left over at delivery is what gets financed.

Now I just need to get home and ride it

Cheers

Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 AM
wtf6316
Road Master

Yea I am going to put the money down and try and pay a grand a month while Im there on it. The best thing is you can back out at anytime. So I may put it down on a 2011 and see what the 2012s have in store and change it.

I just couldnt do it with my E4 pay then. But whit E6 pay now I can. I havent had a bike for 5 years. Good luck over ther. What branch are you in, what base, and what do you do?

Last edited by wtf6316; 11-29-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Yea I am going to put the money down and try and pay a grand a month while Im there on it. The best thing is you can back out at anytime. So I may put it down on a 2010 and see what the 2011 have in store and change it.

I just couldnt do it with my E4 pay then. But whit E6 pay now I can. I havent had a bike for 5 years. Good luck over ther. What branch are you in, what base, and what do you do?
I did the ENCS deal, should have the bike delivered toward the end of January, the week after I get back from my deployment.

Good luck on gettin a 2010... they're all gone thorough ENCS, every last one of them, they sold out of them in July I think. I had to pick up a 2011 (which isn't bad considering it comes with the tach unlike the 2010, not that I'll really even use it). ENCS price is $16k OTD with the extended service plan; $300 reserves the bike for you as well as the delivery date. And every payment you make until delivery is purely on the principal, you don't pay any interest until it is delivered. I went with ENCS for the same reason you were saying, no dealership was even wanting to consider haggling on the price of this bike, they have a hard enough time keeping them in stock at MSRP. and with the additional fees, I was lookin at about $2k over what ENCS was offering to get it out the door of any other dealership in the states.

Oh and the comment about you saying all you'll do is shop around for parts for the bike while on deployment... how do you think I have been passing the time out here

Good luck on yours next summer. Shoot, I might just be out there again with you.

Also, if your sales person is cool you'll get A TON of free Harley shirts from them every time you go see them. I've gotten about 18 so far for both me and my wife, he usually throws about 3 of them at me as I'm leaving every time I go to see him, even if it is to just BS, and I still have a month and a half left out here... And since they cost around $40-45 bucks a pop to buy them from the dealership, I'd say I'm making out pretty good. Not that this was a selling point, but it was a nice perk.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 11-29-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
wtf6316
Road Master

My bad 2011 and 2012. $16 grand otd is great.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:16 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bad 2011 and 2012. $16 grand otd is great.
Not if thats stock.

Got mine stock from the dealership for less than that.

Don't assume the deals you get while deployed are that much better than what you can get stateside. When I was there, the big thing was cars and trucks...not so much bikes. But all in all, in the end, you could get the same deal back home with just a little legwork and negotiating skills.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFLSTFB
The Harley brand Street Slammers work with no cable swap. P/N 55985-10
awesome, thanks..

are those the bars in your sig photo?

Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned

Hey Guys, anyone here with a cheap lowering kit on a LO? i reeeeally want an air ride but x-mas is coming and the kids take priority on spending.

My local HD told me that my shocks on the LO are lowered 1 inch stock and that a lowering kit would only buy be an additional 1 inch, any validity to this?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners