Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:41 AM
td234
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pengy_2000
Been looking a rush but open to suggestions. What are you looking at getting and how old are they?
I have some Rush slip-ons, black, baloney cut, for sale. I had the stock heat guards on them at first, so they are slightly marked where the pipe clamps were on them. They have about 1100 miles on them. PM me if you want them.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  original_zpsa12f5b4b.jpeg
Views: 97
Size:  25.4 KB

Just got a receipt for another batch of parts I sent out to the Powder Pro (JRK5892)... The quality of the other items he has already sent back is top notch. But more than that, I sent him this last round of parts on Monday. It arrived to his shop on Wednesday according to UPS tracking, and I just got the receipt and UPS tracking information for the return trip! 1 day turnaround!

Great to do business with you, Joe!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Boo!

Finally gave in and ordering up a C&C solo tomorrow. Since C&C has two styles now for 200 wide, just waiting for emailed pics before I decide. Gel, piping and dulled leather to match the denim black.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Is it possible for someone to tell me if the throttle cables hit your tank when you turn the bars all the way to the right? I brought my bike to the dealer to get some work done and now my throttle is fu&&ed up and when I change gears and turn throttle up it gets stuck. There is also about a half inch of play from turning the throttle to where it starts to actually increase rpm. SO pissed. Are the service mechanice actually certified at Harley Davidson>? They seriously suck at there job.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow..yeah.. no. I would be pissed too. But at the top of the cable (on the throttle cable, at the throttle control) there's an adjuster nut for each cable (one is throttle-on, and the other is throttle-return), tighten the throttle on one (just pick one and tighten it a bit and check for action, repeat.. because i dont remember which is which) and tighten them up to where the action happens where you want.. and if you just let go of the throttle and it doesn't return, tighten the return cable.. it took me about 20 minutes of adjusting to get it where I like when i changed my grips

And I would still like to see a comfortable, good looking aftermarket seat that doesn't make me have to give up my fender bib/passenger seat

Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Sent my seat to Mean City. Had them do the double decker memory foam. They also lowered it 1.5" moved me back 1.5", made a tailbone relife and narrowed the front. Still looks pretty much stock but way more comfortable. Later I might have it recovered in some sort of dead animal.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

It got to 62F here today, warmest day in a very long time so went for a short ride with a friend. Not much to tell, but we stopped at an old gas station for a couple pics. The color was washed out due to the overcast weather, so I warmed them up a bit.

Sold my C&C seat and am waiting for my Mustang tripper with backrest to show up Wednesday. I'm getting saddle sores riding on this stock seat again.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Sent my seat to Mean City. Had them do the double decker memory foam. They also lowered it 1.5" moved me back 1.5", made a tailbone relife and narrowed the front. Still looks pretty much stock but way more comfortable. Later I might have it recovered in some sort of dead animal.
I started checking them out and I think I'm going to have them do my seat. I was wondering about moving my position in the seat though. I'm 6ft 200lbs and 32 inseam. I like how I sit on the bike but I really don't have much else to compare it to. I know that after an hour or so my tailbone is killing me.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I started checking them out and I think I'm going to have them do my seat. I was wondering about moving my position in the seat though. I'm 6ft 200lbs and 32 inseam. I like how I sit on the bike but I really don't have much else to compare it to. I know that after an hour or so my tailbone is killing me.
Yeah I think my seating position is perfect, 5'10 1/2", 202lbs, 32" inseam.. but on long rides (200+miles), my *** is starting to get pretty sore.

Took the bike out for its first ride today (35* weather be damned), about 20 miles or so just to get a feel for her and break her in gently.. the 107" purrs like a kitten and pulls like a bull.. Going up-hill at about 2500rpm, give her a twist of the throttle, and she still says "Okay! Lets go!".. the old 96" was like "Um.. could you downshift please? my power band is wayyyy over there".

Did the once-over for any leaks and stuff, found a small thin bit of oil-film behind the rear cylinder base, but i can't tell if it's new, or from where i spilled oil all over the case. going to have to clean her up good and take it for another ride another time and see. But the 107" was definitely what my bike was missing.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yeah I think my seating position is perfect, 5'10 1/2", 202lbs, 32" inseam.. but on long rides (200+miles), my *** is starting to get pretty sore.

Took the bike out for its first ride today (35* weather be damned), about 20 miles or so just to get a feel for her and break her in gently.. the 107" purrs like a kitten and pulls like a bull.. Going up-hill at about 2500rpm, give her a twist of the throttle, and she still says "Okay! Lets go!".. the old 96" was like "Um.. could you downshift please? my power band is wayyyy over there".

Did the once-over for any leaks and stuff, found a small thin bit of oil-film behind the rear cylinder base, but i can't tell if it's new, or from where i spilled oil all over the case. going to have to clean her up good and take it for another ride another time and see. But the 107" was definitely what my bike was missing.
Thats good to hear man, I may have to stop reading your posts though, you're making me want to call and order one. Not a bad thing but I just spent almost 5 grand on new wheels and tires and a raked front end. Droping another 2500 may not go over very well.

I had mine dynotuned the other day and I could feel a heck of a difference, even though I need to bring it back so we can finish all of the tables. The ride home in the 32 degree weather didn't seem to matter at all the way she was purring.

Congrats Sgt Jim.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners