Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Pengy_2000
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get to it when I get either slip ons or lights. Can't decide yet

Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pengy_2000
I'll get to it when I get either slip ons or lights. Can't decide yet
Sooooo... what kind of slip-ons are you looking at? I may have my V&H ones for sale in a couple of weeks... I am just about to order some new exhaust tonight.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 02-26-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I use the Rougechopper puck and like it. Call me **** but I like the idea of getting all the old oil out. I am sure there is no harm having some old stuff in there but I feel better knowing that there isn't. I have removed between 20 and 26 oz of old oil during a change on my bike and around 16-18 on the wife's sportster. Jims idea of using the old Oil filter sounds like it would work the same.
I used to do the old oil filter routine too, and then it all became too much work. Now I just change it and forget about it. I mean we're not dealing with NASA equipment here and I know none of us goes this far when we change the oil on our trucks/cars. I use Amsoil 20-50 MCV in all three holes and it works. I change at the factory recommended intervals. I usually don't enter into these 'what oil' conversations, you know the saying about opinions and ********. This conversation has been actually civilized compared to most oil talk on this forum.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've still got to do something with my stock exhaust and BigShots Staggerds..put them on eBay or something.. bah humbug.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Pengy_2000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Sooooo... what kind of slip-ons are you looking at? I may have my V&H ones for sale in a couple of weeks... I am just about to order some new exhaust tonight.
Been looking a rush but open to suggestions. What are you looking at getting and how old are they?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Pengy_2000
Been looking a rush but open to suggestions. What are you looking at getting and how old are they?
I've got some black rush slip ons that I'd let you have for shopping costs. They could use some fresh powder coating and I've got extra baffles in different sizes I'd throw in too. I can post pics in a bit.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

I'd go with Beasley's offer. Mine won't be available to ship out for another couple of weeks. I am looking at picking up some of the Freedom Performance Racing True Duals. Speaking of, have any of you guys had any experience dealing with a company called BikerTrends ( www.bikertrends.com ) ?Their prices are awesome, but I have never dealt with them, nor do I know anyone who has.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 02-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Pengy_2000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
I've got some black rush slip ons that I'd let you have for shopping costs. They could use some fresh powder coating and I've got extra baffles in different sizes I'd throw in too. I can post pics in a bit.
Sent ya a PM

Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

I used to do the old oil filter routine too, and then it all became too much work. Now I just change it and forget about it. I mean we're not dealing with NASA equipment here and I know none of us goes this far when we change the oil on our trucks/cars. I use Amsoil 20-50 MCV in all three holes and it works. I change at the factory recommended intervals. I usually don't enter into these 'what oil' conversations, you know the saying about opinions and ********. This conversation has been actually civilized compared to most oil talk on this forum.
This is a Highly technical piece of machinery ! This is my mistress! NASA don't have **** on our HD's haha! they wish. I guess you are right in doing such things to our other vehicle. I have a QuadCab Chevy truck and the other day I was washing my bike and my wife came back from her jog and said the bike looks nice. Then she takes her finger and wipes in on my step up into the truck and says I can tell you have a Harley now. Showing me the finger mark she left in the chrome. My truck was always spotless I mean if it could be field dressed it would have.
Soooo feeling guilty I had to wash my truck too.

Buy Amsoil stick it in all her holes and call it good Oil Changed.
It is just that theses bikes don't cost to much and the accesories do not cost alot either so maybe I am over reacting a little. Don't know why I would be so cautious haha. Just don't wanna **** something up.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I usually don't enter into these 'what oil' conversations, you know the saying about opinions and ********. This conversation has been actually civilized compared to most oil talk on this forum.
That's because we are a bit more civil here in this thread. God help ya if you have an opinionated view in the general chat area.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners