Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Griff, welcome and congrats! Let us know if you need any assistance with anything. There are a lot of DIYers on here who love to tinker on their own bikes and there are so many different styles throughout this thread that you are sure to find someone who can help you out with anything. Make it your own and keep the rubber side down.

Originally Posted by Bonsai
I love my D&D Fatcats... not obnoxious, tasty growl on acceleration.
That's another option that has crossed my mind as well. I know the 2 into 1 will seriously increase the low end torque, but I have always really liked the duals. And not the skinny ones, but the really fat ones. But if I did decide to go for a 2 into 1 exhaust, it would definitely be the Fatcat or Bassani.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 02-22-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Thanks guys glad to be here and I look forward to seeing new members to continue to show up. You know how Jim made his step by step on his engine build with pics and all? Is there one like that for the complete service on the bike? All three oil changes. I do not have a service manual yet.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Nice! I am either looking at the 4" Samsons as well, the 33" Longtails (not sure if they make those in black though) or the Freedom Performance Racing True Duals. You can get quiet baffles for all of them. I think I might be a little on the other side of where you are as I am looking for some that are pretty loud. Not obnoxious and not cracking, but loud enough.
I just took off and sold my 2-2 big radius. I like the sound sometimes, but on the long road trips I would prefer something less ear numbing. I'm also not a big fan of attention out in public. A fellow rider is different, but when pulling up to stores or other places, I would rather not have people be annoyed by the noise! Just don't like the attention!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I found that hole and made up a rough mounting bracket, but not sure it will work with the true duals im planning on running. I would rather one stuffed up under the tank somewhere!

Do you have pictures of the horn mounted in that location?

I used a flat style horn from a car and put it under the engine below the voltage regulator. It doesn't hang below the frame and is out of sight.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

LED signals front & rear

Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Looking good beasleyiv. I like t5he clean looks of those.

Well I got a good start on my Ape install Sadly it did not get to finish this time home. I had ordered the La Choppers cable kit with the ABS brake lines for my bike but when the kit came the upper brake line was not the right fittings. So back went the whole kit. I will have the proper cables from Magnumshielding by the time I get home again in a month or so. I did get my Ricor Intemidators and progressive not so drop in kit done on the front. Lowered the front 1" for the time being. Will have to see how I like it once she is all back together.

Oh and Griff11Lo get rid of those reflectors. LOL Welcome to the forum and the Lo side cool kids club.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Ok so long story short. I removed my fork tubes installed ricor intimanators and progressive Drop in lowering kit. Got everything back together went to add the oil and fudged up on the amount I put in. No big deal. I am wondering what part of the fork tubes I need to use for the proper measurement for the fork oil level.
Looking at the manual it says to measure from the top of the fork tube. This is where I get a little confused. Do you measure from the cap or the actual fork tube. See the below image to see what I am talking about. Thanks for any help.

PS I do have a fork oil level gauge with the plunger to add or remove oil.
Name:  Forks_zpsc9f5e3e2.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  61.3 KB

Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

It should be measured from the top of the slider, with the springs in and the slider at the bottom of it's stroke. So in your image, the left picture, but with the slider tube all the way down.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Thanks Bill. Guess I will tear it apart again or just drain them and add 13oz and go from there.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Yeah, you might go with less than 13 if you drain. There will always be some in there, and the Ricors take up volume as well. If you drain and refill, maybe do 12oz and see how it feels. Take a ride, if it's seems overly stiff/harsh, drain a little at a time. Either that or drop them out again, pop the tops, lower the sliders and measure. I've done it a number of times different ways. You did use 5 weight oil with the intiminators?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners