Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Albatross14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
No problem, Misbehaven. Always wanting a chance to repay a favor to you guys who have been helping me along the way. The new seat, though looks thin, feels a bit heavier but a lot more comfy, thanks to its denser, better cushion. The new pillion will be ready in a week. Can't wait for that.
Did you get the gel? Heard both ups and down on that. I will be riding about 3 hours each way pretty regularly and want to get a more comfortable seat than stock. Torn on the gel ?
When on the C&C site and as you suspected couldn't find a seat with remove able back rest yet.

Any thoughts much appreciated !!

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts
Default 13 Months And Counting

Well I was hoping to have better pics, and to post this a month ago, but what the hell. I've had her a year now and this is what I've done with your influence, my imagination and hands, and one overworked credit card. Thanks guys for all your help along the way.

What you can't see: SE255 cams and SE Pro Super Tuner, Custom Dynamics LED turn signals
Next on the list is the seat and some bigger removable bags and a few small detail items

Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oo i like those bars.. what are they? not that I can replace my StreetSlammers at the moment, but those do look nice.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Albatross14
Did you get the gel? Heard both ups and down on that. I will be riding about 3 hours each way pretty regularly and want to get a more comfortable seat than stock. Torn on the gel ?
When on the C&C site and as you suspected couldn't find a seat with remove able back rest yet.

Any thoughts much appreciated !!
It's there for the asking, pro. They're probably too busy to update their site. Do talk to or email either Dave or Chuck. They should have all of the seat pans mapped out and ready to be built once the order is in. I sound like one of their salesmen, LOL, but am not. I'm still waiting for the passenger pillion to be made. Yes, mine is gel built (the gel is poured where you sit, not the entire seat). That explains the little heft, but super comfy on my every day 45-50 minute commute each way. On the original seat, my tail bone was hurting badly on this unforgiven 405 freeway where I live after reaching destination. Now I don't feel that any more. I do believe that I can stay on for a much longer ride seating on the new seat with the supportive backrest. Only have it for 2 week worth of riding, I only have the pros to report. If any con showed up, I'll certainly updates this review, pronto. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Albatross14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
It's there for the asking, pro. They're probably too busy to update their site. Do talk to or email either Dave or Chuck. They should have all of the seat pans mapped out and ready to be built once the order is in. I sound like one of their salesmen, LOL, but am not. I'm still waiting for the passenger pillion to be made. Yes, mine is gel built (the gel is poured where you sit, not the entire seat). That explains the little heft, but super comfy on my every day 45-50 minute commute each way. On the original seat, my tail bone was hurting badly on this unforgiven 405 freeway where I live after reaching destination. Now I don't feel that any more. I do believe that I can stay on for a much longer ride seating on the new seat with the supportive backrest. Only have it for 2 week worth of riding, I only have the pros to report. If any con showed up, I'll certainly updates this review, pronto. Good luck.
Thanks RightOnFatty. Much appreciated.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
TNB
Road Master

Not of a Fatboy Lo, but a few photos that I took of some custom bikes at SEMA 2012. SEMA was different this year since there appeared to be more bikes. Then there was also the Global Rallycross Championships during Monday and Tuesday as well.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-sema2012friday-124-6credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-sema2012friday-130-2-2credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-sema2012friday-133-5-2credwmsrgb.jpg  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Not of a Fatboy Lo, but a few photos that I took of some custom bikes at SEMA 2012. SEMA was different this year since there appeared to be more bikes. Then there was also the Global Rallycross Championships during Monday and Tuesday as well.
Those bikes are fugly they look like Steampunk stuff. Just my opinion.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Albatross14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Those bikes are fugly they look like Steampunk stuff. Just my opinion.
Can't say I disagree Misbehavin. But you gotta kinda admire the metal work.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
oo i like those bars.. what are they? not that I can replace my StreetSlammers at the moment, but those do look nice.
Those are the " Hot Rod " bars from sinister industries. I was all ready to do the Street Slammers when I saw those on a Road King. They are very comfortable, much better than stock, they are wide like a beach bar but sit up higher almost like mini apes

Old 11-19-2012, 07:11 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

OK. So Im trying to find part numbers for a few gaskets... I found some, but am I missing a parts diagram in the service manual with part numbers? Do I HAVE to go to a dealer. I used to buy these gaskets and other harley parts through a few different online harley dealers... Anyway, can someone verify or find part numbers for the following..
2010 Lo
Cam Cover Gasket - 25244-99, please verify, J&P has another brand that replaces that part number.
Primary Chaincase Cover Gasket - 60547-06, please verify part number, Latus has this on their site.
Clutch Release Cover Gasket - cannot find part number.
There are a number of O Rings I want to replace. I have a large selection of O rings, but for what they cost, would rather just get them with a part number attached to it.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners