Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Kito
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is looking for a good way to relocate their turn signals and get their license plate to lay down this is what I did. www.easybrackets.com $89 to do it.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-cimg2415.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-cimg2418.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

As soon as I get the experience to ride into town, I need to get new bars. My tailbone hurts.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink SS Bars

Originally Posted by Kito
From what Ive heard if you do the street slammers the only cable you need to get is a longer brake cable. Otherwise all the other ones will fit. I will let you know for sure in a couple weeks when I take on this project on my lo.
Yup what he said . . . I did my own with some guidance, not a hard job if you have the right tools to get the electrical connectors apart. make a map of the wire location, TAKE YOUR TIME. It will make you appreciate them even more.

$560 is a **** load of Beer

Good Luck.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,219 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBoy2010Lo
Looks nice, how do you like that engine guard?

This is my wife's Fat Boy and she wanted the engine guard. It is fine except my big foot keeps hitting it when I hit the brake pedal. But it is her bike and not mine. I was worried about it ruining the looks of the bike but it does not look bad.

BTW, when I attached that picture it came up as a thumbnail. how do I attach a full size picture? Sorry, new to this forum.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[quote=Kito;7465231]Im looking for some insite from you guys who either painted or powder coated your forks. If you painted them Im assuming you just used a rattle can and went for it. But to powder coat them you would have to take the forks off. How big of a job is that to do?[/quote

I don't think I would paint them. My forks are powder coated from a guy on eBay. They were around $150 shipped and cost me $100 to have them installed by an independent shop. They make a world of difference in the way the bike looks.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

here is another picture

Last edited by Hairy Larry; 12-30-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Earl IV
Tourer

From what Ive heard if you do the street slammers the only cable you need to get is a longer brake cable. Otherwise all the other ones will fit. I will let you know for sure in a couple weeks when I take on this project on my lo.
I just put street slammers on mine and didn't change any hoses/cables.

The brake line just needed to be rotated slightly at the master cylinder.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Earl IV
Tourer

[quote=ScooterFLSTFB;7467958]
Im looking for some insite from you guys who either painted or powder coated your forks. If you painted them Im assuming you just used a rattle can and went for it. But to powder coat them you would have to take the forks off. How big of a job is that to do?[/quote

I don't think I would paint them. My forks are powder coated from a guy on eBay. They were around $150 shipped and cost me $100 to have them installed by an independent shop. They make a world of difference in the way the bike looks.

X2 here, get them powder coated, rocks and bugs will kill a paint job pretty quick.

I had a local shop quote me $50 to strip and powder coat my fork lowers (assuming I take them off)

Old 10-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Bo83
Intermediate
Default Cables

That's what the dealer told me but I ended up needing the clutch and throttle cables too. I put deluxe bars on mine with the 4" risers.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bo83
That's what the dealer told me but I ended up needing the clutch and throttle cables too. I put deluxe bars on mine with the 4" risers.
I had to change them all out as well.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners