Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal

NOW THAT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL RIGHT THERE!
Almost like a dream..............

I aint waking up either!
Looking real good.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
TammyStar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for asking a stupid question but I don't know anything about motorcycles.

After a long ride today I noticed the brake fluid was leaking out of the top of the reservoir and the little button on top was pushed out. I pushed it back in and cleaned the fluid around it. I don't know if a lot leaked out or not so I'm wondering if I should have it checked or refill it. I just had my 1000 mile check up 2 weeks ago. I have only 1700 miles on now so it will be a while before I go back for my 5000 mile.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

If your not certain of how to fill it, or check the fluid level I think it would be best to have a shop take a look at it for you. Brakes are one of many things you don't want to let go with out being checked over. Who knows it could be an issue with your reservoir and covered under your warranty. Ride safe.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
TammyStar
Cruiser

Thanks for the quick response that was what I was thinking. Awesome cool day in AZ today so went for a 4 hour ride and not real sure how long that was leaking.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Check out your bike real well if you got or get any brake fluid on your paint it will eat it and ruin it. Hope that did not happen. I am so jealous of all you people out riding. I have been away for 2 months and will be home Monday night for a week or two. I just hope that the weather holds out in Wisconsin for a few days and I can get some seat time. Other wise it is time to start pulling some parts off for winter modifications. But I have to get the bars changed on the wife's bike before I can do anything to mine.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 10-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
TammyStar
Cruiser

Hope you get some riding in. We are getting into our best weather here in AZ. I can't wait to ride every day. In the summer I was only riding in the AM before it got too hot or at night which wasn't good because I can't see that well at night anymore and I hate driving my car at night! But that was better than nothing at all. And really couldn't ride on work days.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm. Dead Animal, you aren't supposed to add chrome to a Lo. I'm pretty sure that's a rule or something. Just kidding man. The bike's looking good and that truck's pretty cool too. I hope the Lo gets more seat time though. Tammy Star, the dealer should fix that reservoir cover. I found some leaking out of my front one a while back and the dealer replaced the cover. According to the dealer that had been a fairly common issue for whatever reason.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Deadanimal

NOW THAT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL RIGHT THERE!
Almost like a dream..............

I aint waking up either!
Is that a 51 or 52?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by TammyStar
I apologize for asking a stupid question but I don't know anything about motorcycles.

After a long ride today I noticed the brake fluid was leaking out of the top of the reservoir and the little button on top was pushed out. I pushed it back in and cleaned the fluid around it. I don't know if a lot leaked out or not so I'm wondering if I should have it checked or refill it. I just had my 1000 mile check up 2 weeks ago. I have only 1700 miles on now so it will be a while before I go back for my 5000 mile.
I had the same issue I took it in and all it was that brake fluid got on the wrong side of seal I watched him fix it took about 5 min.... Don't wait if fluid touches the paint it will eat it up... Mt street slammers have a small spot where brake fluid ran down and it eat the paint good luck.. Enjoy the cooler weather and ride safe

Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by TammyStar
Hope you get some riding in. We are getting into our best weather here in AZ. I can't wait to ride every day. In the summer I was only riding in the AM before it got too hot or at night which wasn't good because I can't see that well at night anymore and I hate driving my car at night! But that was better than nothing at all. And really couldn't ride on work days.
Welcome to the Lo family. Your post also reminds me of something I told someone just the other day... After he mentioned that he liked the cooler weather so he could now ride, I told him if he got his **** out of bed in the mornings the temps would have been the same before as they are now in the afternoons. Personally, I liked riding around in a t-shirt and watching the sunrise. Last weekend, I did dig out a thermal for a pre-sunrise ride. For night time riding on the bike, check out the LED headlight. Personally, I'd hate to have to go back to a stock headlight.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners