Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Albatross14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaoticlifestylez
Good point MRH, I guess my concern would be them catching the wind etc,and i just dont find them visually appealing personally. Is there any function to having the solid rim? Or is it purely style? Pretty sure this is the bike i want but ive heard "the bike will pick you". Wont be purchasing until November.
I have read and heard that the weight of the solid wheel is in part what makes the Fat Boy Lo so stable when riding it due to the effect of the spinning rim (think like a top). Not to say it wouldn't work with different rims. But that is all I heard about the actually function associated with it.

But I would think as others have noted it is the look of the Lo.

And i do think the bike picks you though. I had looked a number of bikes. Then with much encouragement from buddies went to the Harley dealer. Sat on a few bikes, liked them but was still torn with another brand. Then saw the Fat Boy Lo, it sat so low to the ground, and sat on it. It fit me perfectly and I loved the feel. Looked up and the dealer said the smile on the face made it pretty clear we had found my bike.

Hmm. That probably sounds corny.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Good point MRH, I guess my concern would be them catching the wind etc,and i just dont find them visually appealing personally. Is there any function to having the solid rim? Or is it purely style? Pretty sure this is the bike i want but ive heard "the bike will pick you". Wont be purchasing until November.
The best part is getting the bike you like then customizing it to make it your own. I have seen a couple of lo's with some bad a$$ contrast cut wheels that looked great. As for me I like my stock wheels for the time being. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CruzB
Need some advice from some Lo owners. I made a thread about it in the forum, but maybe you guys can provide more info since you own the same bike. So far I've narrowed it down to 2 types of bars: the Wild 1 Dresser Bars, and the Big Buffalo bikini bars.

Wild 1 dresser - 34.5" wide, 4.5" tall with 12.5" pulllback
Big Buffalo - 36" wide, 8.5" center, 14.75" pullback

My goal is to get some more pullback and comfort without going with apes. Opinions on these? Also, will I need longer cables/wiring? I hear the '11-'12 models are a bit stingy on length (although my clutch and brake cables seem pretty long).
I would be interested in this too. Want to reach a little less, but not sure I want apes. .

Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM
td234
Cruiser

An option

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/Custom-Cut-Fatboy-Wheels

Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

It's been raining here since 5am so I did my coil relocation today. I used the Sportster horn and put it in the front for now but don't really like it there (or the higher pitched sound). Will probably mount my old horn in the same spot and see if I like it or not. Any other options for the horn mount? TX requires it for the yearly inspection and I actually use it so I can't take it off.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josewales, what risers did you use with your freeway bars? I've been looking at them and I really like the 1.5's but I noticed the risers that carlini has cost 200 by themselves. I'm hoping you found something cheaper. Also if you don't mind how tall are you? I'm 5'9" and I'm trying to get a little more pullback then the stock bars with the 6" risers I have. I'm not really into apes that much so that's not really an option for me.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

omfg it's almost October..which means for us in the North there's only about 2 more months of good riding weather before mother nature says "Poo on you." I can't think of any other cosmetic changes I want to make to my bike, aside from some touchups (like where I melted a pair of pants to my exhaust pipe and tore the ceramic coating off).. and the only thing that's really screaming in my head is "You have a steady job again..You have paychecks.. You need to tear your engine apart..in your dining room..and put pistons and heads and cylinders on your table and get motor oil in your wheaties.." It's really eating at me to do the FM 107" with the Level B head porting.. Do it... Doooo it..

and yes.. Dining Room Garage:

Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Albatross14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
omfg it's almost October..which means for us in the North there's only about 2 more months of good riding weather before mother nature says "Poo on you." I can't think of any other cosmetic changes I want to make to my bike, aside from some touchups (like where I melted a pair of pants to my exhaust pipe and tore the ceramic coating off).. and the only thing that's really screaming in my head is "You have a steady job again..You have paychecks.. You need to tear your engine apart..in your dining room..and put pistons and heads and cylinders on your table and get motor oil in your wheaties.." It's really eating at me to do the FM 107" with the Level B head porting.. Do it... Doooo it..

That was one of the coolest pictures I have seen. In the dining room. That just awesome.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

I was thinking the same thing. I got mine looking pretty much the way I want it. That FM107 kit looks very tempting. I put 255 cams in earlier this year and they made quite a difference, but I would like a lil more kick in the *** when I crack the throttle. There is a local guy who does custom dyno tuning so I may wait and see what it does after that before I go tearing into an engine with less than 5k miles. I know what you mean about the weather we got our leather out to ride Friday night.
BTW that is one of the cooler pics I have seen in this thread, keep us updated

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, I'm guessing by the home sweet home decoration hanging on the back wall in your "garage" pic that you're married. How?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners