Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampakingpin
I have also been considering some style of apes but not sure if it fits my ride?

Bill is not cheap, but his stuff is awesome and will be made to your exact specs (height, pullback, grip width, etc).

http://brcustomcycles.com/Ape_Hangers.php

Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

I got mine from bill and was more than pleased. To quality and you can get them exactly how you want.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I might like some shorter apes say 12 -14 but I don't know if they will look stupid pulled back to allow me to use the windshield.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I might like some shorter apes say 12 -14 but I don't know if they will look stupid pulled back to allow me to use the windshield.
Mine are not pulled back much at all and the windshield and boom audio windshield speaker fits perfectly...I'll take a sideshot later. I did see a post on the forum the other day where the guy made a simple extension for the top quick release bracket for his shield and that moved the top of the shield more forward also.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Mine are not pulled back much at all and the windshield and boom audio windshield speaker fits perfectly...I'll take a sideshot later. I did see a post on the forum the other day where the guy made a simple extension for the top quick release bracket for his shield and that moved the top of the shield more forward also.
Thanks Casy.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Caseyx
Bill is not cheap, but his stuff is awesome and will be made to your exact specs (height, pullback, grip width, etc).

http://brcustomcycles.com/Ape_Hangers.php
Well if your apes are any indication, I will check it out. Can you tell me a ballpark estimate on the bars you installed? I like both suggestions so far, just wrestling with "to ape or not to ape?"

Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Okay. I looked at all of the insane bars on that site. Sick, but super pricey. Sounds like lots of folks have had some nice results, though.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Just replaced the rear tire for the first time at just over 7000 miles. I was a little disappointed with the lifespan of the stock Dunlops so I went with the highly recommended Michelin Commander II. It's unbelievable how much easier the bike leans with this tire on it. I don't know if I am just imagining it, but it seems to handle like a completely different bike now.

Also, I replaced the fuel cap and gauge with the black flush mounts. If I had to do it again, I could do it in 15 minutes, but it took me around 2 hours. Most of that time was spent fiddling with the pins in the connector to release the old ones. I was 5 minutes from just cutting the wires when I figured out how they release. Job done, money saved, and they look sharp. I really like them vs. the stock chrome blobs.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tampakingpin
Well if your apes are any indication, I will check it out. Can you tell me a ballpark estimate on the bars you installed? I like both suggestions so far, just wrestling with "to ape or not to ape?"

I don't remember the breakout, but I paid about $900 for the bars (powdercoated and with the custom gussets) and the crash guards (powder coated), that included shipping.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Bl1ndSquirrel
Novice
Default Recent pic of my 2011 FBLo

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fblo-for-post.jpg

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners