Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

When it comes to cars and bikes, do your own research and make your own decisions. I would have bitched and moaned big time.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
It rides good but the load rating is 75 which is 853 pounds. I weigh 210 and the bike is 753.
Before you put 1 more mile on that tire I would go back with that info and be like "Hey, i had you guys pick out a tire, you picked one that isn't safe to be on my bike, I'd like a new one".. then tell him you want a metzeler or avon or michelin II or night dragon..whichever

Old 08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by td234
Would love to see a picture from the side without the tank badges. Been wanting to do that myself.
Name:  IMG_9379.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  77.0 KB
Name:  IMG_9376.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  59.5 KB

I also re-worked the license bracket to lay down the UK's flag size plate that also got chopped down. A little better but can't wait to get back to states ans have a small one again....

Old 08-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Before you put 1 more mile on that tire I would go back with that info and be like "Hey, i had you guys pick out a tire, you picked one that isn't safe to be on my bike, I'd like a new one".. then tell him you want a metzeler or avon or michelin II or night dragon..whichever
The owner of the shop picked out the tire. He trained all the mechanics when he worked at Harley. Nothing but good reviews about his shop. Its 0800 here and they open at nine so I'm headed back there. I got another dunlop because they're covered with my tire protection warranty. I looked up tires and I would have bought the Mich Cmdr IIs but they aren't the "Harley" Dunlops.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dansax
When it comes to cars and bikes, do your own research and make your own decisions. I would have bitched and moaned big time.
If I would have done the research like you say, I wouldn't have had to complain. I'd have the right freakin tire. If the dog woulda stopped to shyt he woulda caught the rabbit. I should have known better at my age.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deadanimal

I also re-worked the license bracket to lay down the UK's flag size plate that also got chopped down. A little better but can't wait to get back to states ans have a small one again....
Looks killer without tank badge...and the dirt ha ha. I like that fender bib. Did you buy or make that?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatburger
If I would have done the research like you say, I wouldn't have had to complain. I'd have the right freakin tire. If the dog woulda stopped to shyt he woulda caught the rabbit. I should have known better at my age.
I did my own research and wound up with the Pirelli Night Dragons. They are awesome. What a difference in ride and handling. I picked up a screw in the rear with only 600 miles on the stock set. I plugged it and rode for another 1800 miles before making the change. I thought I was playing with fire.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

I reall like the look of the new anniversary tank emblems, I might. Have to steal a idea or to, wish they had a dark custom logo tank badge I think that would look bad a$$, just saying

Old 08-25-2012, 06:21 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

I wonder how the Crossbones front end would look on my Lo? I would think the fitiment shouldn't be a problem.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:10 AM
rojuwi
Cruiser

I've thought about the crossbones front end too. Love the springers and think it would look really good.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners