Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Pravda
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Another option would be to have the stock seat re-shaped and padded. I did that to my stock seat. Added two layers of memory foam and lowered it about an inch and narrowed the front another 1 1/2" - 2". I just finished some nice long rides during a week off. Me and the wife did ab out 300-400 miles a day and my butt was happy. You could call your local dealer as I am sure they might be able to recommend a local upholster. Or you can send it off to Mean City cycles. Just thought I would throw out another option.

Thank you for your advice.
I will definitely look into this option.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
OneBob
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliment. I am really pleased with the visibility from the LEDs at night. With the aux. lights on the field of view is very well lit from shoulder to shoulder. Makes a big difference riding back roads at night and IMHO worth every penny (not to mention they look pretty sick too).

Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Markske
Cruiser

Originally Posted by OneBob
Thanks for the compliment. I am really pleased with the visibility from the LEDs at night. With the aux. lights on the field of view is very well lit from shoulder to shoulder. Makes a big difference riding back roads at night and IMHO worth every penny (not to mention they look pretty sick too).
Thanks OneBob.
Do you have the correct part numbers for the head and aux lights?
HD's website ain't very clear on that.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dansax
A grand will get you a good set of pipes and a hi flo AC.
Dansax: Sweet bike pic in your profile. I like the red. I was looking at Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-into-2 and a heavy breather. Got any specific suggestions. Everybody seems to do something a little different. This is my fist major upgrade for performance and I want to get it done the right way. Thanks for any guidance.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicely done.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Any recommendations on a great looking/working heavy breather? I am partial to black to match the rest of my denim. Have looked into Kuryakyn High-Five Mach 2, Roland Sands Design Judge Venture Aircleaner Black Ops, and noticed a lot of folks going with Screaming Eagle Heavy Breathers.

I am new to customizing and could use any wisdom from all the experts who have designed these sweet Fatboy Los

Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Default Aux light setup and how it changes the windshield

Originally Posted by OneBob

Anyone have an idea if it is possible to mod a windshield setup that was for a non aux light setup to work if I added the aux light kit? Is it a small change?

And I assume the train headlight changes the entire thing alltogether..

Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
Anyone have an idea if it is possible to mod a windshield setup that was for a non aux light setup to work if I added the aux light kit? Is it a small change?

And I assume the train headlight changes the entire thing alltogether..
I don't think that the hardware is any different just the cut out for the shield.
You could mark and cut the shield yourself around the aux lights or have a local auto glass shop do it for you.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tampakingpin
Any recommendations on a great looking/working heavy breather? I am partial to black to match the rest of my denim. Have looked into Kuryakyn High-Five Mach 2, Roland Sands Design Judge Venture Aircleaner Black Ops, and noticed a lot of folks going with Screaming Eagle Heavy Breathers.

I am new to customizing and could use any wisdom from all the experts who have designed these sweet Fatboy Los
I'm a big fan of the Roland Sands Turbine in Black Ops. I get a lot of compliments and you don't see a lot of them out there on the road. It's a bit spendy though. I think it's worth it.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I don't think that the hardware is any different just the cut out for the shield.
You could mark and cut the shield yourself around the aux lights or have a local auto glass shop do it for you.
The width is likely the biggest issue. Aux kit adds width to the trees and comes with spacers. I would think the windshield brackets for non-aux are narrower, or mount narrower on the lexan. But I'm not sure on any of that since I've never had a non-aux shield.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners