Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lo Bro's,

If you ain't scraping your boards at the least then you ain't ridding! I know there are more flat straight roads in the states than where I'm at right now but dang I even scraped my last bike when I was in the states and it was not this low.

RedNose44, If you replace your shield you will end up scraping again like right after you spend the money. Just see it as a badge of "I know how to ride my damn bike"! I love leaning in turns and eurpoe is great for that as it is like all turns. The retired AF dude out here that sells Harleys for the Exchange has like 10+ bikes and his Bones has scrape marks on the primary! This dude is crazy but he can ride hard and has been out here for years.

I'm gonna have to replace my floor boards around 10,000 mi I think.
Not bad for the riding....

[/quote]RedNose44Anyone scrape (sp) their pipes on their Lo's. I scrape my boards all the time, but I was doing a tight turn yesterday two up and scraped the rear part of the heat shield on my V&H pipes. Did not think it was possible, but now I need some new shields.

BTW: Some good looking bikes still popping up in this thread... [/quote]

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Scraped the pipes? Wow. Did you scrape the floorboard mounts too? That sucks. I have the same pipes and no scrapping issues yet. As far as the pipes go. I don't really scrape the boards all that often either so I'm not sure what that worth. Is your bike stock height? If not I'd say the extra lowering was the problem. Where the BSS sit though you must have been really close to scraping a floorboard mount. Maybe try dialing more preload into the shocks when riding two up. That might fix the problem

Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

1RevtekLo, tell me about your highway bars? Where did you get them?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
1RevtekLo, tell me about your highway bars? Where did you get them?
From what I can see there kuryakyn mark IV there great, have a set and love them

Name:  0118efbd.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  382.4 KB

Name:  4a5f8df8.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  346.3 KB

Last edited by Lone wolf lo 10; 08-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM
felipevalle
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1revtekLO
I've been a proud owners of a 2011 Lo for about 4 months now and have looked thru every page of this thread some more than once. I keep saying I'm gonna put some pics up and start contributing my forever work in progress. Well here are a few random shots. Hope you enjoy.
Which horn is this you have installed? I like it a lot!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all, first post. Trying to add pic of my 2012 Fatboy lo.
My first Harley. Owned her for about 2 months. In that time I've managed to acquire V&H slip ons, Stage 1 Filter, got caught with the se tuner, which isn't what I thought it would be, (didn't do my homework). re-profiled the seat coz I'm 6'3" and the stock seat was pushing me way too far forward, only realised after borrowing the new softail slim for a couple of days which was really comfortable, and incidentally handled way better than the fatboy.
Just put on the hand beaten fenderbib that I sprayed last night. Not sure if I like it yet.........

So hi all, hope this picture attachment works, not too good with technology.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fatboyslim-s.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Scraped the pipes? Wow. Did you scrape the floorboard mounts too? That sucks. I have the same pipes and no scrapping issues yet. As far as the pipes go. I don't really scrape the boards all that often either so I'm not sure what that worth. Is your bike stock height? If not I'd say the extra lowering was the problem. Where the BSS sit though you must have been really close to scraping a floorboard mount. Maybe try dialing more preload into the shocks when riding two up. That might fix the problem
I scrape the boards all the time (they are pretty worn down on the outside actually) and sometimes the mounts. This is the first time I have scraped the pipes though. I did not know until the guy that was riding behind me told me. Got off the bike and sure enough the shield on the botton pipe is scraped up. I hear you on the shocks. The bike is stock height now and I am going to get some 422's with adjustable preload. Was planning on doing this anyways, but now it's higher up on the list.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I have friends who have pipes that are lower, and they do scrape them. I did not think it was possible with my setup.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
Lo Bro's,

If you ain't scraping your boards at the least then you ain't ridding! I know there are more flat straight roads in the states than where I'm at right now but dang I even scraped my last bike when I was in the states and it was not this low.

RedNose44, If you replace your shield you will end up scraping again like right after you spend the money. Just see it as a badge of "I know how to ride my damn bike"! I love leaning in turns and eurpoe is great for that as it is like all turns. The retired AF dude out here that sells Harleys for the Exchange has like 10+ bikes and his Bones has scrape marks on the primary! This dude is crazy but he can ride hard and has been out here for years.

I'm gonna have to replace my floor boards around 10,000 mi I think.
Not bad for the riding....
I hear you man, like I said above some 422's with more preload and I will replace the shields and see what happens. I need to call my hookup at V&H and see how much she can get me the parts for.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what kind of highway pegs are they? great look

Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
1revtekLO
Advanced

thanks for the compliments. they are the Kuryakyn cruise arm mark IV. the horn is the arlen ness and you put any 5 hole timer cover that way it matches your style. i have many more plans in the near future. todds cycle 12" apes and I'm gonna do a scallop paint job. seat is on order.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Laidback-in-kc
Novice
Default Black Apes

Here is my contribution. I work in progress........a never ending work in progress!!!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-bike-3-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners