Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Detumadre777
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black denim front fender

Unfortunately, my buddy backed into my 2010 fatboy lo (black denim) bike yesterday. No major damage at all but my front fender is shot.

Wondering if anyone here has a black denim front fender for sale. Harley is telling me 8 to 10 weeks for replacement...yikes!!!

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Your best chance would probably be ebay. Might check the for sale thread on here too.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TammyStar
Question, had this speedo installed because I like knowing what gear I'm in and I wanted a tachometer. (I know rookie move) And I love seeing the green 6 light up!! But the gas gauge on here doesn't agree with the gas gauge on my tank. Which one is right?

I have the same speedo and it seems that the gauge on the speedo is more accurate then the tank gauge.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignorance is always on my part, but does any one know of a mount that fits my Garmin nuvi 2460 GPS on the handle bar? Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Ignorance is always on my part, but does any one know of a mount that fits my Garmin nuvi 2460 GPS on the handle bar? Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not sure what mount you need but it's important to remember that you need to get one that fits 1.25" bars. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but that might save you having to return a mount made for the more common 1" bars.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just a couple of things`

Just a couple of things:
1. I installed flush gas caps w/fuel gauge on my FB myself and if I can do it ANYBODY can.

2. The fuel guage on my flush gas caps is only a very general indicator. The first lights go off (showing fuel used) very quickly. and the last two seem to run forever. So it's just like the old days, I use the odometer.

Last edited by Danny D; 07-28-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Question, had this speedo installed because I like knowing what gear I'm in and I wanted a tachometer. (I know rookie move) And I love seeing the green 6 light up!! But the gas gauge on here doesn't agree with the gas gauge on my tank. Which one is right?

I dont know what's more accurate but I can tell u when the low fuel light comes on get to gas station right away, I've run mine dry more then onces pushing the limit lol

Old 07-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither is right. It's a Harley. Go fill her up, zero out your trip-A, take her for a ride, fill her up, do Trip-A divided by gallons-added, there's your estimated mileage.. multiply that by 4.5 (not 5, leave yourself .5 gallons for safety), and that's how far you can go on a tank, average.. mine is about 190-200 miles per tank, i start looking for fuel at about 160 or so..

and i've definitely got to tear in to that 96". I just don't get the low-end pick up that i want since I mostly cruise about 2200rpms. I don't really want to spend the money building it up to a 107" if i can just throw in some cams (like the Andrews or the TW-777's/555's), and maybe get the heads ported..that 96" will make a good enough amount of power. But I keep telling myself that I wanted to wait until i had about 15000 miles before i invested that kind of money in to it. Oh well..

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 07-28-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 PM
pumas9087
Novice

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
http://motomount.net/index.html

That is the best I've seen so far. kind of pricey but it wouldn't be big and bulky on your bars like most.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Neither is right. It's a Harley. Go fill her up, zero out your trip-A, take her for a ride, fill her up, do Trip-A divided by gallons-added, there's your estimated mileage.. multiply that by 4.5 (not 5, leave yourself .5 gallons for safety), and that's how far you can go on a tank, average.. mine is about 190-200 miles per tank, i start looking for fuel at about 160 or so..

and i've definitely got to tear in to that 96". I just don't get the low-end pick up that i want since I mostly cruise about 2200rpms. I don't really want to spend the money building it up to a 107" if i can just throw in some cams (like the Andrews or the TW-777's/555's), and maybe get the heads ported..that 96" will make a good enough amount of power. But I keep telling myself that I wanted to wait until i had about 15000 miles before i invested that kind of money in to it. Oh well..

I just read that fuel moto is testing a TW-222 that works well with 96 or a 103, for add torque in lower rpm bands you should read up on them fuel started a new thread on them, cool stuff

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners