Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
abnchiefcw3
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did mine as well. In addition, the laid back license plate frame, rear fender mounts to include the bolts, and chain protector (or whatever that things called). Then I just painted the rear taillights flat black and they look remarkably similar to the rear fender.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-64.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-65.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-66.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:51 PM
BBailey
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick question for you Fatboy lo owners. I just bought my first HD (2011 Fatboy lo) and I would like to put forward controls on it. The dealer is telling me that HD does not make a kit to convert to forwards that fits the fatboy lo, however I see that a few of you have done it. I searched the forum but could not find any specific info on the matter.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much.

Oh and by the way, all the photos I have seen on this site look great, good job everyone on making the bike your own!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:30 PM
35KILO8589
Supporter
Default My 2010 Lo in Black Denim

This is my Lo. The picture is b4 the mods.

Mods so far are:
LED Taillight
Smoked turned signals
Waiting on my Flush Mount gas gage and gas cap.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0101.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
35KILO8589
Supporter

Originally Posted by abnchiefcw3
Did mine as well. In addition, the laid back license plate frame, rear fender mounts to include the bolts, and chain protector (or whatever that things called). Then I just painted the rear taillights flat black and they look remarkably similar to the rear fender.
First off your bike looks great. I have 2 questions for you. How loud is that exhaust? That is the one I am leaning towards getting myself. Second question is, do you have a part number and brand for that laid back license plate frame?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:51 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BBailey
Just a quick question for you Fatboy lo owners. I just bought my first HD (2011 Fatboy lo) and I would like to put forward controls on it. The dealer is telling me that HD does not make a kit to convert to forwards that fits the fatboy lo, however I see that a few of you have done it. I searched the forum but could not find any specific info on the matter.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much.

Oh and by the way, all the photos I have seen on this site look great, good job everyone on making the bike your own!
Word of warning...the boards are sooooooooo much more comfortable than the forwards. I went up from my Sportster to the Deluxe and then the Lo and I haven't thought twice about going back to forwards. You really should give the boards a fair chance before you pull them off and spend all that money that could be used for much more needed upgrades! Oh...and congrats on the new bike. You're going to love it no matter what you do.

You might want to consider an engine guard and highway pegs?

Last edited by jbg; 10-20-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 PM
BBailey
Stage II

jbg,

Yea, I have heard that the boards are super comfortable, but to be completely honest, I have never found pegs to be uncomfortable, and I like the look of pegs much more, at least to me they look better and more suited to the direction I want to go with mods.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,605 Likes on 3,219 Posts

where did you get the black headlight ring?
What cables did you have to replace for the Street Slammer Bars? Did the new bars improve the grip position noticeably. My wife wants to put these bars on her Fat Boy and nees the bars to come closer to her.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 PM
fuzzy_math
Cruiser

Here's mine after the first mods.
Hopefully I have the pic posting sequence down!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ScooterFLSTFB
where did you get the black headlight ring?
What cables did you have to replace for the Street Slammer Bars? Did the new bars improve the grip position noticeably. My wife wants to put these bars on her Fat Boy and nees the bars to come closer to her.
My headlight ring is still black. I was intending to get it powder coated, but I'm kinda liking the bike with some chrome accents. Plus, they want $25 for a minimum powder coat order so I'll wait till I find some more parts.

The bars were a must have. Wild1Chubby bars and they brought me back 14.5" I'm sitting up and much more comfortable now. It's not a cheap job cause you need all new cables, but it's WAY worth it.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BBailey
The kit for 07 and up bikes from HD fits, it's what I used for mine. Part number 33909-08.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners