Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:38 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Whos running the new Michelin Commander II's. I just purchased a set for my Lo. My 2012 Lo only has a tad over 5000 miles and the center of the rear is already chewing away at the little HD wear marks. Im going to try to get at least 1000 more miles out of the stock dunlops before i change.

What are the torque specs on the front and rear axel nuts.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only 5,000 miles on the stock tires. Maybe you need to let up on the throttle a little bit. J/K. I managed to get about 8,000 or so on mine before I switched them out for Michellin Commander II's. I still had a decent amount of tread but there was a bit of a crack developing across the back tire. So far the Michellin's have been pretty good. They ride well and do fine in the rain which I found out today when I got caught in a pretty good cloudburst. As far as the longevity of the tire, I don't know yet since I've only got about a 1000 or so miles on them. Since you're asking for tech specs I'm assuming you are going to do your own tires. you might want to know about an issue I had with the valve stem retaining nut on my 2012 Lo. For some reason Harley decided to recess the nut so that it fits flush with the face of the rim. I had a local indy do the swap for front and rear tires and ended up having to go back and have them put normal nuts on the valve stems because they couldn't get the stock ones tight enough and they loosened up causing the valve stem to leak. Apparently a special harley tool is required that will fit down into the rim. Something to keep in mind

Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Grateful Son
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some new flush mount fuel & gas cap installed

Name:  IMG_0309.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  81.1 KB

Old 07-14-2012, 07:35 PM
liquidr1
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Only 5,000 miles on the stock tires. Maybe you need to let up on the throttle a little bit. J/K. I managed to get about 8,000 or so on mine before I switched them out for Michellin Commander II's. I still had a decent amount of tread but there was a bit of a crack developing across the back tire. So far the Michellin's have been pretty good. They ride well and do fine in the rain which I found out today when I got caught in a pretty good cloudburst. As far as the longevity of the tire, I don't know yet since I've only got about a 1000 or so miles on them. Since you're asking for tech specs I'm assuming you are going to do your own tires. you might want to know about an issue I had with the valve stem retaining nut on my 2012 Lo. For some reason Harley decided to recess the nut so that it fits flush with the face of the rim. I had a local indy do the swap for front and rear tires and ended up having to go back and have them put normal nuts on the valve stems because they couldn't get the stock ones tight enough and they loosened up causing the valve stem to leak. Apparently a special harley tool is required that will fit down into the rim. Something to keep in mind
Well, i take the wheels off my self. I dont actually change the tires myself. The local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer only charges me $25 to mount and balance both tires.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Grateful Son
Got some new flush mount fuel & gas cap installed

Let us know if there is any accuracy in the Led fuel lights on the fuel cap.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:54 PM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

Well, I had to have the dealership warranty my front brake master cylinder. It would work fine but when parked overnight the first pull, it goes right to the bar. takes a couple squeezes and it works fine for the day. They said they have seen quite a few new ones, right out of the crate that were bad.

The sevice guy told me they could do it in a few weeks, I told him I didnt have a few weeks. They did it on the spot for me. My jaw damn near hit the floor when he said they would do it right away. and on a Saturday. Thats the first time Ive walked out of there happy since I bought the bike.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidr1
Well, i take the wheels off my self. I dont actually change the tires myself. The local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer only charges me $25 to mount and balance both tires.
I would still go ahead and check to make sure that nut is tight. Especially since a Yamaha/Suzuki dealer isn't likely to have the right tool. Apparently from what my indy told me Harley is the only ones using a recessed nut. In fact, a metric nut is what they replaced it with.

Those recessed gas caps look good. I'm thinking of going with RSD's black ops line of gas caps at some point. They have one that only has a low fuel light which would be fine for me. The problem is that I haven't found anyone who has one and can tell me if the miles remaining counter still works. I use that a lot more then the actual gauge itself and I want to make sure that will still work before I make the switch to the RSD gauges.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I have about 3k on my commander ll's love them

Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Jeremiah40258
Novice

I have the black diamond collection fuel gauge and gas cap with LED's and it's spot on till empty then they get a little crazy, but the Fuel light comes on shortly there after. Anyone have the power vision. Was thinking of getting it. Any thoughts?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM
liquidr1
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jeremiah40258
I have the black diamond collection fuel gauge and gas cap with LED's and it's spot on till empty then they get a little crazy, but the Fuel light comes on shortly there after. Anyone have the power vision. Was thinking of getting it. Any thoughts?
I have the power vision and love it. It can tune all aspects of the factory ecu and you dont have to wire it into the harness. love it.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners